Facilities Coordinator | Steppenwolf Theater Company
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is accepting applications for a Facilities Coordinator position. An ideal candidate should have basic knowledge in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and drywall/painting. Evening and weekend availability are required. This position is supervised by the Facilities Manager and Director of Operations.
• Working closely with the facilities staff on daily maintenance needs around the theater
• First responder to maintenance problems around the theatre such as fire alarms, flooding, or other emergencies
• Setting up and tearing down onsite events
• Season grounds work and snow removal
• Capable of working independently on maintenance projects as assigned by supervisors
• Coordinate schedules of parking garage and valet parking staff
• Schedule and supervise security contractor for performances
• Experience maintaining varied facilities and buildings
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel
• The ability to be a team player, building relationships between people and departments
• Good attention to detail and organizational ability
• The ability to handle multiple requests and juggle multiple projects
• Effective communication with supervisor on the status of projects
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is the nation’s premier ensemble theater. Steppenwolf produces hundreds of performances and events annually in its three spaces: the 515-seat Downstairs Theatre, the 299-seat Upstairs Theatre and the 80-seat 1700 Theatre. Artistic programming includes a seven-play season; a two-play Steppenwolf for Young Adults season; Visiting Company engagements; and LookOut, a multigenre performances series. Education initiatives include the nationally recognized work of Steppenwolf for Young Adults, which engages 15,000 participants annually from Chicago’s diverse communities; the esteemed School at Steppenwolf; and Professional Leadership Programs. While firmly grounded in the Chicago community, nearly 40 original Steppenwolf productions have enjoyed success both nationally and internationally, including Broadway, Off-Broadway, London, Sydney, Galway and Dublin. Anna D. Shapiro is the Artistic Director and David Schmitz is the Executive Director.
For additional information, visit steppenwolf.org, facebook.com/steppenwolftheatre, twitter.com/steppenwolfthtr and instagram.com/steppenwolfthtr.
Steppenwolf Theatre Company strives to create thrilling, courageous, and provocative art in a thoughtful and inclusive environment. We succeed when we disrupt your routine with experiences that spark curiosity, empathy and joy. We invite you to join our ensemble as we navigate, together, our complex world.
Steppenwolf Core Values:
Equity + Inclusion
Integrity + Curiosity
Courage + Collaboration
Accountability + Leadership
Salary: $14.00 per hour with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by following the attached link by January 22, 2020.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Steppenwolf complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.