Title: Facilitator-Project Manager
Supervisor: Arts Program Team
Status: Contractual, Hourly
Date: June 1 – August 31, 2021 (anticipated end)
The Reva & David Logan Foundation is a Chicago-based family foundation that provides strategic grants to support the arts, investigative journalism, and social justice. With headquarters in Chicago, the Foundation funds projects in the United States and worldwide. More information can be found at www.loganfdn.org.
The Reva and David Logan Foundation seeks a highly motivated, charismatic Facilitator-Project Manager to co-lead and coordinate a new arts grant making initiative. The goal of the program will be to create a new community-led model of grant making that celebrates artists working in a diverse range of formats while also eschewing elitist selection processes and burdensome platforms. The ideal candidate will endeavor to foster fairness, accessibility, and inclusion, ensuring the selected community-based artists are leading the charge. During COVID, this program will be conducted virtually.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program Management: Working in conjunction with the Foundation’s Arts Program Team, responsible for planning facilitations, defining deadlines, oversight of scheduling and keeping the program on task.
- Facilitation: Leading 5 facilitated convenings with artists, ensuring participation of all participants throughout the process. Help artists to lead the effort in defining application and evaluation processes based on the Foundation’s stated goals for the program.
- Marketing/Distribution: Support Foundation’s Arts Program Team with curating and distributing promotional materials and press releases regarding the call for applicants.
- Program Evaluation: Survey artists for feedback throughout the process. Produce a report at the conclusion of the initiative on the process, lessons learned, and suggested next steps to improve upon the initiative.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 3-5 years of facilitation experience (including virtual facilitation) or equivalent work (e.g. teaching, leading collaborative projects)
- Highly organized. Works well under minimal supervision, ensuring successful project management, and timely completion of all tasks.
- High level of cultural humility
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Competency in virtual collaborative tools
- Experience in building team cohesion, active listening and conflict resolution
- Appreciation of the arts across multiple disciplines.
The Reva and David Logan Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 14. In the subject line of the email, enter your first and last name. Please indicate where you learned of the position opening.
Position begins June 1. No phone calls please.