HideSeek Experience Host
Who We Are
HideSeek is an immersive experience inspired by childhood nostalgia. Jump into a 10,000 square foot pop-up world and get lost in interactive installations designed to let you feel like a kid again! We like to call it “Real Life Recess”. With locations previously in Toronto and Montreal, HideSeek is embarking on an extended tour, and launching in Chicago this summer! Why do all of this? Because we, too, long for a chance to feel like a kid again - if only for a moment.
Even though recess was our favorite subject in school, we still work (and play) here at HideSeek. Experience Hosts are on the front lines of the guest experience at HideSeek Chicago, working across all areas of the exhibition. Our Experience Hosts welcome, interact, ensure guest safety, answer questions, and the guest experience while guests navigate the exhibition. Experience Hosts are responsible for inviting guests into the childhood nostalgia narrative and walking with them throughout the experience.
- Greet, answer questions, and interact with guests throughout their visit
- Check-in and monitor guest entry
- Perform job responsibilities with a creative flair that elevates the exhibition narrative
- Provide guests with information about the experience, narrative and general information
- Monitor and assist with crowd control to ensure the safety of guests and staff
- Monitor rooms and objects in the exhibit to ensure proper functionality, use, and placement
- Collaborate with other team members to keep the exhibition clean and organized at all times to create and maintain a pleasant environment for guests
- Clean designated areas within the space (exhibit rooms, restrooms, staff area, etc.), which may include accidental spills or uncontrolled bodily fluids
- Operate point of sale system in merchandise area
- Assist with merchandise inventory
- Cross-train into other areas as required
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow and and enforce HideSeek Chicago rules and regulations
- Respectfully communicate with others to exchange information
- Maintain composure in stressful situations
- Adaptable to changes in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to use a variety of cleaning products and equipment
- Strong customer service skills and welcoming demeanor required
- An interest in arts and entertainment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Prior work experience in entertainment, museums, parks, recreation facilities, retail, or other public spaces
- Hidden talents that can be employed as part of the persona including singing, dancing, magic, comedy, engaging conversation, impersonations or otherwise
- Bilingual, especially but not limited to Spanish
- Embrace and exemplify HideSeek culture
- Be enthusiastic about work and creating a transcendental guest experience
- Listen and communicate with compassion and positivity
- Demonstrate flexibility and a receptiveness to change
- Willing to work outside comfort zone to assist guests or fellow team members
- Maintain professional courtesy and behavior at all times
- Be a “People Person” - friendly, understanding, compassionate, positive
This position works primarily in an indoor setting with exposure to noisy environments, dim lighting, strong visual effects including strobing lights, special effects, fog machines and small and/or enclosed spaces.
Masks are required for staff if you unvaccinated. If you have questions about our COVID protocols, please speak with your recruiting representative.
- Moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Positioning or moving objects up to 20 pounds
- The employee will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a part time position with a flexible schedule which includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays. Overtime may be expected during peak business periods.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.