Assist with the installation of Par Excellence Redux, Front 9 & Back 9, a miniature golf exhibition.
Availability dates: June 23- July 3, 2021, and/or September 27- October 8, 2021
Hours: flexible. Availability between 9am-5pm, including weekends
Pay Rate: $18/hr (EAM does not compensate for travel/gas, food, lunch hour)
- Preparing the gallery for installation, including painting, vinyl installation, hanging text panels, and images.
- Working with artists/designers to install individual miniature golf hole designs.
- Assists in lighting the exhibition spaces, including changing lamps and transformers as needed; ensuring that lamps are properly focused.
- Acts as a courier for artwork, local only. A rental vehicle will be available for local delivery.
- Manages assigned projects creates a plan and execute to completion with little oversight.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Art, Art History, Studio Art, Museum Studies or a closely related program from an accredited college or university
- 2+ years related experience within professional art or historical organization.
- Demonstrated experience includes handling, installing, and mounting a variety of 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional art objects.
- Knowledge of installation materials and techniques, knowledge of fine art packing.
- Basic electrical and/or woodworking skills are a plus.
- Self-insured for liability, a plus.
Please send a brief description of your experience, two references, and a resume to Collections and Exhibitions Manager, Sarah Cox at email@example.com by June 4, 2021.