KEES has been exclusively retained by The Acorn Center for the Performing Arts (The Acorn) in its search for a new Executive Director.
The Acorn is the creative and performing arts epicenter of Harbor Country. Located in Three Oaks, Michigan, it draws audiences from Chicago, northern Indiana, and southwest Michigan. The Acorn curates, highlights, and supports local talent while also welcoming renowned performers. Every performance year is filled with a breadth of diverse programming that ensures no two events are alike. In 2021, planning is underway to offer traditional performances, when conditions are safe, and blend in new ways of promoting innovative material and arts programming.
The Acorn seeks an experienced and influential accomplished leader as its next Executive Director. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated business acumen and a passion for the arts and embody that passion when sharing the story of The Acorn with key stakeholders. Forward-looking and innovative, this individual will bring a fresh perspective to attract new audiences with diverse offerings. With strong interpersonal and communication skills, this executive will be comfortable engaging with a variety of people. The Executive Director will leverage The Acorn’s networks and establish new partnerships to obtain support and achieve results.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Knowledge of new trends and ideas in the performing arts, or the ability to identify trends, analyze impacts and apply to current situations; demonstrated experience collaborating with resident companies, agents and promoters.
- Proven ability to build strong external relationships with a variety of volunteers, public leadership, partner organizations and other stakeholders.
- Expertise in creating multidisciplinary seasons for diverse audiences.
- Track record in financial management, stewardship, and developing strategies to successfully increase earned and contributed revenue.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive experience in leadership and management, preferably in the nonprofit sector, with documented ability to manage staff and lead teams.
This position offers a competitive market-based salary commensurate with experience. Benefits and relocation are negotiable. It is desired that the Executive Director live within driving distance of The Acorn.
The Acorn is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE: http://bit.ly/Acorn-ED
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL
INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President and CEO, and Kiana Martin, Project Coordinator of KEES. Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
KEES (formerly Alford Executive Search) is a nonprofit executive search firm that builds diverse teams and dynamic leaders. A woman owned and operated firm, KEES offers a full array of nonprofit consulting services including executive search, leadership development, interim staffing, and HR support. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.
The Acorn’s mission is to offer a broad range of high-quality arts and education programming that nurtures cultural experience, participation and community engagement among residents and visitors of all ages and enhances the economic vitality of the region. To learn more about The Acorn, please visit http://www.acornlive.org.