Full Spectrum Features NFP (“FSF") seeks a full-time Executive Assistant (“EA”) who is passionate about racial/gender justice and the power of cinema to effect social change. The EA will work closely with senior leadership at FSF to provide administrative and clerical assistance across a wide range of activities, ranging from film production to grant management to human resources.
A successful EA will be proactive, track and meet deadlines, and communicate effectively. The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing and proofreading abilities, proficiency with office management technologies, and strong analytical and research skills.
Ultimately, the EA should be able to identify and address the needs of senior leadership and perform administrative tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the organization's daily workflow.
Experience in the film industry is not necessary nor expected. The EA position is ideal for someone with professional aspirations and interests in racial and gender justice, arts administration and activism, and/or nonprofit management and strategy.
- Coordinating calendars and schedules of senior leadership
- Managing and scheduling phone calls and meetings (both internal and external)
- Tracking and managing important deadlines
- Recording meeting minutes
- Making travel arrangements
- Drafting and proofreading official correspondence and documents
- Grant reports and proposals
- Office organization
- Filing and organizing physical and digital documents
- Updating internal CRM databases
- Facilitating internal communication
- Acting as point of contact between senior leadership and staff and board
- Distributing information and documents pre- and post-meeting
- Provide administrative support for presentations, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Manage administration of internship program
- Light cleaning and general office organization
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will be organized, prompt, professional, eager to learn, and have exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace (online calendars, cloud systems, Drive, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email, and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Ability to anticipate, plan, and manage administrative needs of senior leadership in meetings, projects, and internal workflow
- Preferred: Working knowledge of Quickbooks and other financial management software
PERSONAL QUALITIES: The following qualities are important for success as an employee at FSF:
- Compassion - equity requires caring about people
- Growth mindset - the ability to allow new, relevant information to shift or entirely change your opinion about something
- Agility - the ability to pivot and respond to real-time changes and developments
- Vulnerability - showing up as your “whole self” builds long-lasting, earnest relationships that are developed through trust
- Radical honesty - the confidence to speak truthfully and boldly, regardless of audience
- Curiosity & Humility - the drive to learn more (curiosity), and the ability to recognize when you do not know the extent of what you do not know (humility)
COMPENSATION: $30,000 (annual salary, full-time W-2 employment, approx. 40 hours/week)
- Employer-subsidized health insurance (50% subsidy)
- Employer-subsidized dental insurance (50% subsidy)
- Access to Dependent Care and Health Savings Account
- Generous sick, vacation, and PTO policy
This position will be 100% remote until it is safe to return to a physical office, as per the guidelines of the CDC and the Illinois Department of Health. Upon return to a physical office, the Executive Assistant will be expected to work from the organization’s physical location: 2233 S Throop St, Chicago, IL 60608.
TO APPLY: Please email resume, two professional references, and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.