JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant
LOCATION: 170 N Dearborn
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 - $50,000
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
We at Goodman Theatre are storytellers who believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s) such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—on stage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
The Executive Assistant will provide high level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will have solid administrative assistant skills and an exceptional ability to work with many different personalities and competing priorities. The Executive Assistant must be proactive, able to initiate projects and anticipate the needs of the Executive Offices.
- Maintain and confirm complex professional and personal calendar appointments for Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Financial Officer
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Trustees, Executive Committee and Strategic Planning Committee
- Coordinate and execute all Goodman Board Meetings by gathering RSVPs, dissemination of meeting materials, general board correspondence and taking meeting minutes.
- Write or proofread internal and external correspondence on Executive’s behalf.
- Coordinate Goodman all staff meetings and staff events
- Partner with HR to maintain open job boards
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of Goodman business.
- Coordinate guest and vendor building access.
- Plan and execute large and small scale special events onsite inclusive of catering and furniture setup
- Screen telephone calls to the Executive office and general business line, effectively taking messages and interacting with people across all organizational levels in a professional manner
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for all Goodman staff and occasional special guests of the Goodman
- Coordinate personal domestic and international travel for the Chief Executive Officer
- Coordinate show tickets outside of the Goodman for staff and Board members
- Monitor and maintain the office supplies inventory of the 4th floor administrative offices
- Act as a point person for coordinating maintenance, mailing, shipping and equipment services
- Run errands on behalf of the Executive Office
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5 years administrative experience
- A proactive personality with excellent anticipation and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills
- A team player who is capable to work under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations (this position requires demonstrated composure, tact and an ability to be easygoing while staying professional, calm and organized)
- Strong administrative skills, including writing, proofreading, editing, managing schedules and travel arrangements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Outlook, Microsoft Word and Tessitura a plus
- Aptitude for using internet technology and ability to trouble shoot general issues as they arise
- Ability to keep discretion and confidentiality
Goodman Theatre offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, paid vacation, sick leave, and 401K.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.