Event Coordinator (Full-Time)
The Paramount Theatre/Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a full-time Event Coordinator. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Paramount Theatre/Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
• making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
• introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
• and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such
humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active,
continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
DEPARTMENT – Special Events
DIRECT REPORTING – Special Events Director
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Rentals Manager, Event Managers, and other Event Coordinators
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full time exempt; hours vary and will include evenings and
weekends and are event dependent
COMPENSATION – Starting annual salary is $45,000 with excellent benefits package including health, paid time off, and 401k with employer match
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARY –The Event Coordinator is responsible for generating and driving event sales to include, but not limited to, social gatherings, weddings, and meetings. Works closely with clients and other departments to determine event-specific details and day-of event management to ensure that all aspects of the event are planned and properly executed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
• Provide initial date availability to inquiries including pricing and package options to potential
bookings via phone, e-mail, and walk-ins.
• Create, send, and follow up on initial booking contracts and deposits.
• Actively upsell additional service options by maintaining consistent and effective sales tactics.
• Respond to sales leads within 24 hours.
• Confirm invoice/billing information is correct and up to date – ensure special orders are correctly
• Collect and process final payments prior to events, and follow through with direct billing clients to ensure payments are received within designated time frame.
• Have a complete working knowledge of ACCA’s standard operating procedures and event
protocol, including concession policies, and money handling policies after initial training.
• Coordinate event details with Paramount staff after event specifics are turned over from the
• Work closely with clients to acquire and confirm all event details such as layout, timeline etc.
• Utilize event details to create custom floor plans and Event Sheets to be distributed throughout
• Gather final event information including guest count, beverages, special orders and floor plans.
• Communicate with the Special Events Director and other personnel concerning the set-up and
removal of all necessary tables, chairs, podiums, etc. for all rental events.
• Oversee and manage staff pre and post-event including Banquet Set-up Crew.
• Assist with physical set-up and tear-down of all rental events, as needed. This includes set-up and
tear-down of tables, chairs, podiums, etc.
• Coordinate event caterers, valet, and vendors as necessary.
• Coordinate staffing needs and cleaning staff schedule for rental events, and place product orders and marquee requests with Front of House Manager.
• Submit projected additional liquor needs per event.
• Evaluate and order all linens necessary for all rental events.
• Wash all in-house linens used during rental events.
• Purchase some concessions items (i.e. bar fruit).
• Request all signage needed for rental events to the Marketing department.
• Ensure that all events run smoothly and efficiently.
• Be available as point of contact for client day-of event, track event timeline, confirm any changes,
and ensure service appropriately matches contract.
• Manage all staff during events including bar, security, cleaning, house crew.
• Conduct post-event evaluation with appropriate staff as well as post-event closeout
• Manage a point of sales system and provide reports as needed.
• Change marquee before or after events.
• Complete tasks with attention to detail.
• Assist with Front of House duties at Paramount Theatre, Copley Theatre, and RiverEdge Park.
• Assist Rentals Manager and Special Event Director with keeping track of event inquiries, leads, and follow-ups as needed.
• Assist Rentals Manager in creating budgets, contracts, and close-outs for rental events.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Wedding and Event contracts.
• Lead and/or assist with marketing efforts which include, but are not limited to, social media
planning, content creation, and posting imagery & copy for advertising platforms and on-line
• Assist in creating, planning, and executing in-house events.
• Track conversion rates and strive for continuous improvement.
• Work diligently to achieve and exceed sales goals.
• Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and market developments to identify
new opportunities and maintain a competitive edge.
• Handle Emergency Evacuation and First Aid for all event guests.
• Attend weekly meetings with the Events Team, Rentals Manager and Special Events Director to
discuss current and future events.
• All other duties as assigned or needed.
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates;
maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required, and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES –
• Must be fluent in English and proficient in English reading and writing. Bilingual English & Spanish is a plus.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Suites and Google Docs.
• Must be positive, enthusiastic, and creative with attention to detail.
• Must always remain professional in appearance and communication while representing ACCA.
• Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
• Must have or obtain the Illinois Liquor Control Commission BASSET Certification (may be completed upon hiring).
• Must have or obtain the State of Illinois Department of Public Health Food Service Management (may be completed upon hiring).
• Must have or obtain Crowd Control Management certification (may be completed upon hiring).
• Ability to sustain physical activity when pushing carts, setting up the event spaces, and remaining
on feet for long periods. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Be the onsite point of contact throughout the entire rental event.
• Ability to handle and keep track of multiple projects simultaneously.
• Problem-solve and react to change productively and professionally.
• Ability to work outdoors during RiverEdge Park season and in inclement weather.
• Willing to work long shifts and late nights.
• Must be available to work mornings, nights, afternoons, weekdays, and weekends when needed for tours or events. Tours are available from 10am – 7pm Monday-Friday and weekends
(including holidays) are based on event schedule availability.
• We are a small team, and therefore we all wear many hats and are happy to roll up our sleeves
and lend a hand whenever needed. Can-do attitudes are greatly valued and expected of all team members.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
• Motivated, self-starter who can take minimal directions and see an event from start to completion.
• Organized so that all details of events are coordinated and managed.
• Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments.
• Able to assess a situation and proactively manage problems.
• Able to handle a fast-paced environment.
• Responsive and considerate of all customers’ needs.
• Knowledge of how to use social media to drive sales: Primarily Instagram and Facebook.
Experience in using TikTok, Linkedin, Pintrest is a plus.
• Proficient in Illustrator.
TO APPLY – Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: (Jennifer Hahn), 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite
230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment,
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
ACCA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you
are authorized to work, ACCA is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating the employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.