Status: full-time, salaried position (exempt employee)
Reports to: Manager of Culture & Access
Overview of Position:
The Enrollment Coordinator is the first point of contact for young people and families and a primary resource for ongoing communication between Marwen, young people, and families. The Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that young people can smoothly and responsively access all the information that they need to choose and register for programs at Marwen. This role also facilitates the collection and processing of data from enrollment and attendance documents. The ideal candidate will possess an asset-based approach to working with young people and families and an understanding of how clear systems of communication and support facilitate a young person’s ability to meaningfully engage. The candidate will be fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
Marwen educates and inspires young people. We provide year-round, out-of-school visual arts, college planning, and career development programs to students from nearly every neighborhood in Chicago. The tuition-free programs engage nearly 900 6th- 12th graders annually.
The 8-studio facility is in River North at 833 North Orleans. Teaching artists and education staff utilize the tools of creative youth development to facilitate courses in a wide range of disciplines, including painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, photography, animation, fashion design, and mixed media. For more information, visit www.marwen.org.
Marwen’s Enrollment Coordinator reports to the Manager of Culture & Access and works in partnership with the education team. The Coordinator helps to ensure that young people are able to access Marwen programming by overseeing systems of communication and registration and providing one-on-one consultation and support to young people and families. The Coordinator is the primary staff member responsible for managing the student information database.
Student & Family Support
- Work with the Manager of Culture & Access and the education staff to support a “culture of welcome” at Marwen for all young people, families, staff, teaching artists, and extended community
- Actively build relationships with Marwen community including families, young people, teaching artists and staff
- Support young people as they choose programs and access resources at Marwen
- Provide a welcoming presence and respond to the needs of young people and families at the front desk during program hours
- Provide responsive support via phone, in-person check-ins, and emails to families about Marwen programs
- Support the Manager of Culture & Access to develop community-centered programming for families at Marwen
- Create and distribute student transcripts, recommendations, and enrichment letters
- Track and communicate student needs (Individual Education Plans, health considerations, etc) to staff, teaching artists, and studio facilitators
- Support with problem-solving and student support during program hours
Registration & Enrollment
- Facilitate the enrollment process with a focus on equity and access
- Review and verify the accuracy of enrollment documents ensuring complete enrollment information for every young person at Marwen
- Communicate eligibility requirements to young people and their families
- Partner with the Manager of Culture & Access and the education team to plan and facilitate the orientation process for young people and families new to Marwen
Data Collection & Reporting
- Partner with the Manager of Culture & Access to refine data collection systems with a focus on equity, access, and responsiveness to the unique needs of students and families in Chicago
- Serve as the primary administrator of Marwen’s database, FileMaker Pro (FMP), and lead work to improve the system and increase functionality.
- Work with a database consultant to support the training of education and development staff in the uses of FMP database
- Track statistical data such as registration, attendance, and demographics for all programs and participants
- Collaborate with the student and family engagement coordinator to create systems to better track, analyze, and follow up with students and families who have expressed interest in Marwen programming
- Generate and share programmatic reports and analysis as needed for education and development staff
- Facilitate access to Marwen programs through clear and timely email communications
- Support the education team in gathering and aggregating programmatic information to craft informational emails for the Marwen community
- Routinely call and text families to share information and resources about Marwen
- Field phone calls, emails, and in-person conversations with young people and families at Marwen
- Partner with the Manager of Culture & Access to connect enrollment activities to all aspects of education programs
- Support programmatic planning in collaboration with education staff, young people, and families
- Participate in cross-department workgroups and meetings to deepen Marwen programs
The ideal candidate will have:
- Youth development and/or arts education background working directly with young people, especially young people who identify as youth of color, queer or LGBTQI, newcomers, first-generation immigrants, and neurodivergent
- Belief in the vital role young people play in social change
- Minimum 2 years of experience working directly with young people and families
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Commitment to collaboration in the workplace
- Comfort utilizing a customer relationship management system, ideally FileMaker Pro
- Proficiency in Excel
- Familiarity with the Chicago Public Schools landscape
- Willingness and ability to work consistent program hours, which include evenings and weekends
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and spoken
Marwen is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and equity in the workplace. We strongly encourage those who reflect our communities to apply, including bilingual individuals, LGBTQI and/or people of color. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Enrollment Coordinator.” The deadline for submissions is August 30, 2019. No phone calls, please.
Marwen is committed to offering a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and includes full health benefits, generous PTO and 401k.