Since 1978, William Harris Lee & Co. has grown to become one of the largest and most highly respected stringed instrument workshops in the world. Our luthiers craft violins, violas, and cellos of incomparable quality, using tools and techniques that have been passed down through centuries of violin-making traditions. Our repair and restoration department restores antique instruments and bows with masterful expertise. We are also committed to high quality string education. We offer premium string rentals, set up by our meticulous technicians, using professional quality strings and parts. Every decision we make is with the teacher and student in mind. We welcome you to help us bring great instruments into the hands of string players of all levels, so they can bring great music to the world!
William Harris Lee & Co. is looking to hire a full-time Education Representative to join our staff in Wilmette, IL! The position requires excellent customer service, as you will be matching top music programs and teachers with high-quality rentals, sale instruments, and repair service. The candidate will be responsible for representing the reputation of W.H. Lee as the premier violin shop for high-quality, affordable string instruments, to actualize this goal and promise through relationship-building, teamwork, and high standards, in order to ultimately enrich lives through the joy of music. As a W.H. Lee Educational Representative, you will need to be self-motivated, organized, have a strong background in string instruments, have good people skills, and be devoted to making the best musical experience possible for the student, teacher, and parent.
• Customer driven - Serving customers, motivated by a love of music.
• Team player - Fostering a positive, harmonious work environment, always ready to help.
• Positive Attitude - Respecting customer and colleagues, being a problem-solver, and doing your best confidently.
• Reliable - Being conscientious and dependable, with time, work, and attention to customers; acting professionally, with integrity and honesty.
• Must be able to work Tuesday through Saturday.
• A clean driving record for using a company vehicle to frequently visit schools in the surrounding suburbs as well as Wisconsin.
• Must play violin, viola, cello, or double bass.
• Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and Google Docs.
• Ability to learn computer software system and use software to perform job.