Education Technology Specialist - School of Art & Design at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Assists in the supervision of student laboratories and in the coordination of resources used to create artwork and design prototypes. Provide specialized expertise to students, faculty, and staff in the creation and presentation of work generated in the School of Art & Design. Help to implement and maintain technological resources supporting the educational activities of students and faculty of Art & Design.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Instruct and assist students and faculty in the use of specialized art and design equipment and technology. Supervise student 3D fabrication laboratories (workshops), supporting students in their creative artmaking and design endeavors.
- Help to administer and maintain woodworking, metalworking, casting, fabrication, and computer controlled machining devices, in conjunction with other facilities staff, including the maintenance of equipment, servicing user requests, and performing basic repairs.
- Help to maintain digital art and design presentation output devices, including basic repairs, and resolving user requests.
- Staff the School’s photography, video, and design equipment distribution center and assist in the operation and maintenance of the associated database.
- Provide backup to laboratory staff. Help supervise a group of part-time graduate and undergraduate student employees. Assist the facilities staff in maintenance of the ceramics and ink printing labs.
- Utilize the laboratory facilities account database system, working with facilities staff to coordinate the database of user billing and faculty-student resource-access privileges. Help to create informational resources for the use of facilities.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Additional Physical Demands
This position works Sunday through Thursday 2pm – 10pm.
For more details and to apply: https://illinois.csod.com/ux/a...