Education Department Intern
EDUCATION DEPARTMENT INTERNSHIP
RED CLAY DANCE COMPANY - CHICAGO, IL
Red Clay Dance Company is excited to request applications for the Education Department Assistant Internship. As an organization . . .
“we live to awaken "glocal" change through creating, performing and teaching Afro Contemporary Dance--change that transforms cultural and socio-economic inequities in our local and global community.”
This position will assist our Education Department in the facilitation of our Academy and CEEP Programs. The intern will assist with specific projects/events as it relates to the education department. Task including but not limited to, studio management support, registration support, meeting/event setup, documenting meeting/event notes, generating and tracking program quality, as well as reporting status of tasks and meeting critical deadlines.
- Serves approximately 30 families annually, targeting some of Chicago’s most marginalized communities through,
- Weekly dance training in various dance techniques
- Masterclasses for youth and adults
- Home of the Red Clay Dance Youth Ensemble
- Serve approximately 900 youth annually, targeting some of Chicago’s most marginalized communities through,
- providing In-School & Out of School dance education classes,
- Community forums and professional development workshops for artists and educators.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Academy studio management: cleanliness, organization, opening and closing for classes.
- Providing assistance for Academy parents when on duty.
- Prepare reports regarding status of projects and ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Assist Academy Coordinator and Program Manager in documenting and tracking progress of organizational assessment and program evaluation project.
- Assist Academy Coordinator and Program Manager with registrations and attendance tracking for programs.
- Assist in managing the Social Media pages for the Education Department.
- Record Education Department meeting minutes and distribute to all necessary team members.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of program marketing materials
- Assist in new student and partnership recruitment initiatives.
- Assist in program data collection and management.
- Assist in program documentation (video/photos) when needed.
- Reports to Academy Coordinator and Program Manager
- Support management of program file systems
- Assist Program Manager in coordinating the partnership lifecycle process.
- Assist in academy semester and new program site launch.
- Support the preparation of program close out.
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS
The ideal candidate will have:
- A personal passion for the performing arts and interest in dance education/administration.
- Exceptional communication, public speaking, active listening, and interpersonal skills
- The desire to be a team player, deeply engaged with all stakeholders and understand their diverse needs and interests.
- Contagious excellence and professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills with sharp attention to details
- Interest in researching new methods for youth development through dance education.
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft Office 365 software
The selected candidate should also demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Work effectively and productively with others to achieve extraordinary results.
- Flexibility, Resiliency, and Problem- Solving Ability - Agile in responding to change with an ability to analyze, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- Self-Management, Planning & Organizing - Uses logical, systematic, and orderly procedures to create plans, and manages time and priorities for themselves and their team, utilizing effective processes to make decisions, which lead to the achievement of objectives.
- Junior or Senior Level College Student
- Previous office experience preferred
- Available to work Saturdays from 10am-3pm required
- Work up to 10 hours per week.
APPLICATION AND INQUIRIES
Please submit the following documents in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter of reference
All materials submitted will be kept confidential. All submissions will be acknowledged.
Red Clay Dance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workforce. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To Learn more about our Company and History please visit: www.redclaydance.com