Education & Community Engagement Manager
Northlight Theatre in Skokie, IL seeks a full-time Education & Community Engagement Manager. This position reports to the Director of Education & Community Engagement and provides administrative support to the Director and Department, including management of all Northlight education programs, Teaching Artists and Youth Council.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with development and marketing of all education programs including outreach to teachers, creating grant materials, maintaining website updates and managing marketing outreach
• Hire, coordinate, supervise, and train all Teaching Artist staff
• Act as liaison between teaching artist and school or community partner
• Develop and collect lesson planning and assessment materials of all education programs
• Assist in creating, developing and executing Audience Guides for all Northlight productions with assistance from the Artistic department
• Coordinate calendar, teaching artist deadlines, data collection, and various administrative duties
• Lead planning and implemention of theatre’s accessibility programming
• Assist Director of Education & Community engagement in all department administration
• Assist in future planning for Education & Community Engagement Department
• Coordinate teaching artist apprentice program
• Manage budgets as assigned and provide reporting as requested
• Oversee all contracts, payments, and coordination with schools relating to the student matinee series. Maintain relationships with schools who currently attend.
• Act as on-site liaison for student matinee performances- including leading post-show discussions
• Oversee the scheduling of Season Access Teaching Artists and collect lesson plans and assessment for pre- and post-show workshops. Recruit new schools and establish relationships. Aid in planning and management of Youth Council
• Cultivate relationships with Northlight artists to serve as guest artists in Master Class and Artist Engagement programs
• Teaches Northlight classes as assigned by Director of Education and Community Engagement.
• Act as a liaison between Education and Marketing.
Qualifications: Experience as a Teaching Artist, Classroom Teacher or in arts administration implementing and creating arts programming at a professional cultural institution or school required. Prior administrative and supervisory experience and passion for working with youth required. Must have ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, parents, and staff. The position involves local travel so transportation is a plus.
Compensation: Compensation range is $33,000 to $36,000, competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry, and commensurate with qualifications and experience of the applicant. This position is eligible for benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.
How to Apply: Northlight Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving candidates from a broad spectrum of people, including women and minorities. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume with relevant experience and three listed references via email to email@example.com by January 10, 2020. No phone calls please.