Ecommerce Assistant | Dance Retail
We are seeking friendly, energetic artists interested in sharing their knowledge as dancers, dancemakers, and dance educators with our customers. We pride ourselves on being a by dancers for dancers company. We know bodies in motion feel and perform better when they are comfortable and confident with their appearance, which provides a unique shopping experience for our customers.
As active members of the dance community we understand the needs of our customers and our team. Allegro Dance Boutique fosters a high-performance yet collaborative atmosphere. We believe in empowering our associates with information that will help them grow well beyond their stated job roles. We value creativity and discipline, encourage personal development, and strive to build a community of dancers that are as agile with their minds as they are with their bodies. Employees at all levels develop an understanding of business and entrepreneurship and are encouraged to share ideas for company growth and development. All Allegro employees are invested in our vision to reimagine the dance retail experience, and grow our reputation in the industry. We aim to give dancers a place to work that is both professionally and personally fulfilling, while remaining understanding of a dancer’s hectic lifestyle.
Job Description: The E-commerce Assistant works in coordination with our E-commerce Manager to provide administrative and organizational support for the operation of our online store. The E-commerce Assistant primarily works from our Barrington store acting as the e-commerce team point(e) person for that location.
- Current or former dancer with experience in ballet and/or other forms of dance
- College graduate or 1-2 years of professional experience in relevant field
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to come occasionally work in our other location in Evanston, IL
- Customer focus: Is dedicated to meeting or exceeding the expectations of online customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products or service; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Resourcefulness: Clever ability to consider a breadth of possibilities in any situation; can move outside of comfort zone to problem-solve when issues arise; will continue to work to find quick and creative solutions until issues are closed; can decide and act without having the total picture; can use available resources to answer questions and help customers.
- Adaptability: Adaptable and open to change; can shift gears comfortably; can work with various types of customers and suppliers and adapt to their way of working.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; very organized and bottom-line oriented; is comfortable working in a new and growing sector; able to recognize opportunities for additional sales and opportunities online in order to play an integral part in the growth and success of the e-commerce store; able to work independently and manage time for positive results.
- Emphasis on Accuracy: Consistent and exceptional attention to detail allows for successful fulfillment of orders and customer expectations; notices discrepancies and details with curiosity and ease; desire to balance efficiency and accuracy in work flow; natural desire for things to be well done and error-free.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport with customers and team; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably; enthusiastic and fun.
- Technical Savvy: Can troubleshoot consumer-level hardware and software in order to maintain current systems; comfortable with computers, mobile devices, bluetooth, other basic devices, and basic technological concepts; familiar with both mac and pc platforms.
- Teamwork: Desire to be a part of a team, while able to function independently; can easily understand how this role in the company contributes to the team’s success; comfortable working solo with supervisor in off-site location; easily take direction and follow experience; collaborate with team in order to grow sales and improve customer experience.
- Experience dancing en pointe, with some general knowledge of popular pointe shoes and brands
- Previous experience in a small business setting
- Previous experience with dance students, parents, and teachers in a dance studio setting or similar
- Familiarity with e-commerce platform Shopify
- Experience with Google drive and Microsoft Excel
- Clear and neat handwriting
- Process all e-commerce orders coming from our Barrington store location
- Coordinate with E-commerce sales manager at Evanston store location on a regular basis
- Pick, Pack, and Ship ecommerce and in store orders
- Communicate with customer about new orders, order status updates, and any other questions (by phone, email, and chat)
- Participate in purchasing of merchandise from manufacturers in order to fulfill customer orders and needs
- Coordinate with manufacturers and suppliers about shipments and deliveries
- Ensure shipping and packing supplies are adequately stocked
- Create End of Shift reports with results from each day
- Accurately process incoming shipments from manufacturers
- Processing returns from customers
- Learn our entire product line thoroughly and be able to communicate about it to customers in order to direct sales
- Learn to direct customers towards selling what we have available, rather than special ordering similar products
20-30 hours per week; Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:00am - 5:00pm; Occasional weekend hours as needed for off-site events or special/seasonal projects.