Early Childhood Teaching Artist
The Stage School is currently seeking a seeking Theater Teaching Artists specializing in Early Childhood for our upcoming fall session.
Instructors will teach acting, singing and dance to children ages 4-6 and serve as the director for our fall production, “A: You’re Adorable.”
At The Stage School, students study drama, singing, and dance. Students are grouped by age with limited class sizes.
Our Premier Program Teaching Artists are responsible for directing our end of term presentation and preparing students for performance, as well as teaching fundamental skills to beginning performers throughout the term.
We are seeking separate candidates for the Saturday and Sunday sessions, or a single candidate who could commit to both days for the duration of the session. All Premier Program classes will hold their end of term performance on Sunday December 3, and that date will be required for all Premier Program staff.
Saturdays, September 23 till November 25, plus Sunday, December 3 (No class November 4)
- 9 AM – 10:30 AM & 10:45 AM – 12:15 PM (2 Class sessions)
- Location: Centennial Activity Center, 100 S Western Ave, Park Ridge, IL
Sundays, September 24 till December 3 (No class November 5)
- 1:30 - 3 PM (1 class session)
Location: Maine Park Leisure Center, 2701 W Sibley, Park Ridge, IL
Compensation is $50 per hour of teaching time.
For more information about our programs, please visit www.stageschoolchicago.com
The Teaching Artist will be responsible for:
- teaching basic acting, singing and dance technique to students and preparing students to give their best performance through fun and engaging games and activities
- staging scenes and choreographing dance numbers
- working with the production team to ensure all production needs are addressed
- Performing in the show as narrator
- Assisting backstage during performance, and with set up and strike as needed
Ideal teaching candidates will
- be motivated, energetic, and organized
- have a strong professional background in the performing arts
- have experience teaching children ages 4 - 6
- have experience in directing for and rehearsing musical theater
- have a passion for teaching life skills to young people through the performing arts.
Please send a cover letter and resume detailing your relevant teaching and performing arts experience.