Early Childhood Summer Camp Art Instructor: Summer 2023
The Evanston Art Center is looking for one or two early childhood art educators to develop and teach pre-k to age 8 at the EAC Youth Summer Camps 2023. A successful candidate will be an experienced art instructor with great familiarity and experience in teaching youth students (specifically early childhood education ages 4-5 and ages 6-8). There is potential for the teaching artist to instruct regular classes throughout the year. Candidates should feel comfortable teaching in a wide variety of mediums.
The EAC art summer camps run from June 7 through August 18, 2023. Each summer camp is one week long. Camps for the age ranges of 4-5 and 6-8 have assigned themes for each week of camp. Instructors must be able to create age-appropriate art lessons and projects that follow the weekly theme. The EAC is looking for an instructor to commit to at least 6-7 weeks of summer camp.
About the Evanston Art Center: The Evanston Art Center is dedicated to fostering the appreciation and expression of the arts among diverse audiences by offering extensive and innovative instruction in broad areas of artistic endeavor through classes, exhibitions, interactive arts activities, and community outreach. The EAC strives to be widely recognized as a dynamic art education and exhibition center. It encourages freedom of artistic expression and enriches cultural life. The EAC is a hub of artistic endeavors, a passionate advocate for the arts, and a valuable partner for arts initiatives. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 5+ examples of artwork to email@example.com. In your letter, please include:
- Summary of your teaching experience and your approach to teaching
- Why you are interested in teaching at the Evanston Art Center
- Background in early childhood education
- General availability for Summer 2023
Expectations of Evanston Art Center Instructors:
- At least 1-2 years of teaching experience in school or community center settings.
- Must have experience with children ages 4-8.
- Experience and interest in working with various youth ages.
- Ability to develop and implement new curriculum for camps.
- Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles, ensuring participants are fully engaged.
- Able to work with students of various skill levels.
- Ability to collaborate/work well with administrative staff and other teachers.
- Promotion of innovation, learning, and creativity.