Early childhood music teacher (infancy - 4 yrs); no experience req.
Ms. Clara’s Mini Musicians
Get paid to laugh and sing and play! Sound like something you'd enjoy? I urge you to read on. This is a seriously super fun and rewarding job (and perfect for singers / actors), and I can't wait to find the perfect fit for this position and welcome you to our joyful community! And please note: musicality, personality, and dependability count more than previous work experience, so if this job description is calling to you, please don't hesitate to reach out to learn more.
Seeking an energetic, dedicated, and responsible teacher/facilitator, with a passion for music, play, and working with infants, young children, and parents. 4+ classes / week in a "caregiver and me" class setting on Sunday mornings between 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM, and possibly one weekday morning in Chicago. This is a perfect part-time job for singers / actors as you will utilize your singing and performance skills in each class. Once trained, there is zero work outside of the classroom. Competitive pay.
- Facilitate high-energy parent-child music classes. (Full teaching curriculum will be provided.)
- Must have a happy, playful, fun-loving, and positive personality and enjoy singing, song dramatization, and movement.
- Must have the ability to engage children 4 months - 4 years through songs, movement and various age-appropriate musical activities.
- Must be able to learn and retain songs and chants (along with matching movements) efficiently and correctly.
- Pleasant and tuneful singing voice (all classes are sung a cappella so a strong musical ear is required; applicants with vocal training are strongly preferred)
- Genuine enjoyment of infants and young children
- Enthusiastic, engaging, upbeat, fun-loving personality; extremely strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Must have reliable transportation, as you will be required to travel to the western suburbs to teach (we are located less than a mile from the Brookfield Metra station.)
- Must have Sunday morning availability (we are closed on all major holidays); weekday availability is preferred as we may need subs on occasion
IMPORTANT: Please visit www.JoyfulLearningCenter.com/n... to learn more and apply for this position.