Early Childhood Music Teacher
Now hiring part-time teachers!
Seeking good singers who love children and are looking for part-time work to supplement their income. Starting pay is $40/hour.
Current open position requirements:
- Available 2-3 weekday mornings per week
- Available occasional weekends
- Willingness to travel within the Northside of Chicago on a regular basis
- Willingness to travel to the suburbs on occasional basis (travel bonus included)
- Must be full vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19
- Must own a car
Hours vary from 1-10 per week, depending on student demand and teacher availability. The Training Program is stipend pay and takes approximately 15 hours.
About The Music Playhouse of Chicago
We offer high quality, super fun early childhood music education classes for families with children ages 0-6. We have been serving the families of Lakeview and beyond for just over 15 years.
We are a mobile business! We do not have our own studio space anymore. Classes are held in various spaces throughout the Northside of Chicago including indoors, outdoors, virtual, and in student’s homes, with occasional special events in the city and suburbs.
For more information, please see the “About” and “Class Descriptions” pages on our website (link below).
This position is 90% singing & dancing. Teachers are responsible for learning high volumes of music in short periods of time. In addition to teaching your classes, you will be expected to occasionally participate in marketing events, birthday parties, special events, subbing for other teachers, and occasional projects. In addition to teaching classes, teachers are responsible for logging attendance, occasionally processing payments, keeping track of student’s birthdays, and updating availability accurately and in a timely manner.
- MUST be a good singer
- MUST love small children
- MUST be willing/able to follow COVID-19 Safety Guidelines such as mask wearing (when required), getting vaccinated, hand washing, and disinfecting, etc.
- Performing experience
Some formal music training
- Fun, positive, energetic, outgoing personality
- Experience with children ages 0-6
- Must be able to sing in tune a cappella
- Must be able to keep and model a steady beat in duple, triple, and mixed meters
- Must be able to lift small children
- Must be able to sing, dance, smile, and hold a small child all at the same time, and have fun doing it!
- Professional vocal training is a plus
- Strong sight-singing skills are a plus
- Education in music theory is a plus
Ability to play an instrument is a plus, but not required
This job is ideal for a professional musician, singer, actor, parent, or grad student seeking consistent but flexible part-time work to supplement their income with something fun and meaningful. We support diverse communities and encourage all to apply.
Starting pay is $40/hour.
Please submit your employment history resume, your performing resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.