Early Childhood Music Education Teacher
Now hiring part-time teachers!
Seeking strong singers who love children and are looking for part-time work to supplement their income.
We are hiring new teachers to teach 3-5 or more regular classes per week, occasional substitute teaching, and special events, for both our virtual and in-person programs. Hours are mostly weekday and weekend mornings, possible afternoons, occasional evenings.
We will be accepting applications now, and begin holding interviews and auditions as applications come in. Training will begin as soon as possible. There is no fee for the Certification. There is a stipend pay for training. Position would officially begin as soon as the training and Certification are complete.
About The Music Playhouse of Chicago
Please see the “About” and “Classes” and “News” pages on our website: www.themusicplayhouseofchicago...
In addition to teaching your classes, you will be expected to occasionally participate in marketing events, birthday parties, special events, subbing for other teachers, and occasional projects.
- MUST be a strong singer
- MUST love children
- MUST be willing/able to follow COVID-19 Safety Guidelines such as mask wearing, hand washing, and disinfecting, etc.
- BA or higher in Music or Theater
- Experience working with children ages 0-6
- Professional performing experience
- Interest in early childhood development
- Must love working with babies and toddlers
- Must be able to sing in tune a cappella
- Must be able to keep and model a steady beat in duple, triple, and mixed meters
- Must be able to lift small children (for after the pandemic)
- Must be able to sing, dance, smile, and hold a small child all at the same time, and have fun doing it
- Professional vocal training is a plus
- Strong sight-singing skills are a plus
- Some education in music theory is a plus
- Fun, positive, energetic, outgoing personality
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to play in instrument is a plus, but not required (please indicate instrument in your cover letter)
- Experience handling and logging payments in cash, check, or credit card
- Experience building good relationships with clients and providing excellent customer service
- Familiarity with email, mobile email, mobile apps, Excel, Google Spreadsheets, Google Docs, iTunes, bluetooth, social media, iPad, basic knowledge of sound amplification equipment such as speakers and mics
- Familiarity with Zoom
- Owning a car is a plus (for off-site classes and events)
This job is ideal for a professional musician, singer, or actor seeking consistent but flexible part-time work, or a stay at home parent, or parent working part-time seeking a job to supplement their income with something fun and meaningful. All of our current teachers are professional performers and excellent musicians, and two of us have children of our own. We are a family friendly business, and we encourage parents to apply. We support LGBTQ+ and BLM and encourage all to apply.
Starting pay is $30/hour.
Please submit your employment history resume, your performing resume, and cover letter to email@example.com.