Donor Services Coordinator
This position is responsible for coordinating the CSO’s acknowledgement and receipt operations, accurate and timely entry of the biographic and gift data in the CSO’s customer relationship database, and customer service issues as related to donors. As a member of the Donor and Development Services team, the Donor Services Coordinator will serve to provide a high quality of service to CSO donors through ongoing stewardship of records, contact with donors, volunteers and staff.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administers existing policy for gift and pledge entry and maintenance into Tessitura, the CSO database.
2. Records gifts and pledges to the CSO, including but not limited to endowment, tribute, and stock transactions.
3. Maintains and documents daily professional contact with CSO donors regarding general inquiries, donations, acknowledgements, requests for tax information, benefit fulfillment, and other issues.
4. Coordinates pledge billing schedules and reminders and automatic billing including timely follow-up with donors regarding bad or expired credit cards on file.
5. Executes and streamlines acknowledgement and receipt procedures, ensuring donors receive timely and accurate follow-up from the CSO in response to their donations.
6. Responsible for insuring accurate and timely modifications to the database.
7. Ensures that appropriate information is supplied to finance for posting to the general ledger and assists with reconciliation procedures.
8. Runs and reviews daily gift and other reports pertaining to the donor services operation.
9. Assists the Associate Director of Donor and Development Services with yearly audit requirements.
10. Assists Associate Director of Donor and Development Services with tasks pertaining to institutional data integrity, including identification and implementation of ongoing data integrity projects within Tessitura.
11. Provides project assistance to the Associate Director of Donor and Development services and other members of the fundraising staff.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Reports to the Associate Director, Donor and Development Services.
2. Other contacts include staff, volunteers, and donors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Must have a desire to learn new skills and to work collaboratively within a team environment.
2. 1-2 years of work experience, customer service and/or data entry experience a plus.
3. Strong familiarity with all Microsoft applications.
4. The ability to interact with donors, high level management and other staff members in a patient and courteous manner.
5. The ability to learn and problem solve quickly.