Donor Database Coordinator
Position & Organization Overview
The Donor Database Coordinator is primarily responsible for maintaining the donor database, analyzing trends in donor data, and providing administrative support to the Development Department.
Merit School of Music is committed to building a world in which historically underrepresented groups can attain access to quality music education. Simultaneously, Merit is continually working towards becoming an organization that is truly reflective of the demographics of the city and the students we serve.
Responsibilities of the Donor Database Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
Database Management – approx. 50%
- Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor files
- Continually update and correct database records
- Analyze donor data and data trends to inform activities of the development department; perform data queries to analyze data
- Gather, maintain information regarding individual scholarships and compile stewardship reports
Data Analyses (Queries, Reports, Data Analyses) – approx. 20%
Create weekly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
Create and modify existing system queries as needed
Project Support – approx. 20%
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence in partnership with Development and Marketing Assistant
- Manage direct mailings in partnership with Individual Giving Manager
- Maintain guest lists, gather, and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
General Development Team Expectations – approx. 10%
- Support stewardship activities for individuals and institutions
- Participate in logistical support of major fundraising projects and events
- Provide administrative and technical support for Vice President of Development and Marketing
- Field phone call and donation inquiries
Personal Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience with database management
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising/sales software (Tessitura, eTapestry, Salesforce, DonorPerfect, and/or DonorPro) strongly preferred
Compensation & Benefits
Merit offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, including the following items:
- Salary range of $32-38K based on experience
- Full-time, exempt position, working 37.5 hours per week. We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with true hours worked
- Your first 90 days of employment are considered a probationary period. You will be eligible to participate in Merit’s employee benefits package 30 days from date of hire following the first of the month. We offer a robust healthcare package including medical (HMO and PPO options), dental (HMO and PPO), vision care, and voluntary life insurance coverage
- Paid time off (PTO), accrual rate in accordance with the Merit Employee Handbook, and 7 holidays including a winter break (approximately 1 week) (If a holiday falls on a weekend, Merit will observe the holiday on the same day as the Illinois state government)
- Following one year of employment, you will be eligible to invest in Merit’s 401(k) plan
Further information on our benefits package and employee policies are available upon request.
Interested candidates should send resume to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Materials should be compatible with Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat. Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their materials and further guidance and updates about the hiring process by e-mail, with interviews provided for finalists.
For more information about Merit School of Music, please visit contact the HR email listed above and www.meritmusic.org.
Merit School of Music is committed to enhancing the diversity of our musical community, recognizing that by providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning environment for our students, we are preparing them for personal and professional success in an increasingly multicultural and global society. The Merit community recognizes that it has a responsibility for creating and sustaining a learning and working environment where difference is valued, and where equity and inclusion are practiced.