Dog Walker- Chicago
View our video and learn more about dog walking for Windy City Paws!:
Learn more about the benefits of working with a local business like Windy City Paws versus an on-demand app-based dog walking company:
Windy City Paws was voted Chicago Reader's 2017 Best Dog Walkers! We have been providing individual dog walks, runs, and petsits in Chicago since 2009.
At Windy City Paws, we welcome artists of all kinds to have a weekday, daytime job that is fun and consistent--most of our dog walkers are writers, actors, or visual artists who find that our daytime routes pair well with their creative career! We’re looking to hire responsible, dog-loving walkers and runners to join our professional team!
A Windy City Paws dog walker must be committed to providing our customers the highest level of care and, most importantly, have experience with and love being with dogs!
What do Windy City Paws Dog Walkers LOVE about the job?
● NO CAR OR BIKE REQUIRED! All of our routes are designed to be walkable or are located near CTA.
● Enjoy the perks of being an EMPLOYEE including opportunities for raises and advancement in the company!
● Spend time outside exercising, playing with dogs, and enjoying Chicago!
● PAID TRAINING when you onboard and continued education on dog behavior and handling throughout your tenure with us!
● Work directly with the WCP's Management Team. If you have a problem or need to give feedback, you're dealing with a small team of great people.
● Work with people who are positive, upbeat, and committed to caring for dogs and other pets. And even better than the people, you'll be working with amazing and lovable dogs!
● Get the weekday, part time job that you’ve been looking for! It’s up to you how many dog walks you would like to take on--we just need you to have consistent mid-day availability Monday through Friday.
● Our online scheduling system lets you view your daily schedule and instructions/information for each pet.
To Apply, You Must:
● Love dogs
● Be at least 21 years old
● Be willing to commute to Windy City Paws service areas (no car or bike required—all areas are near CTA)
● Be comfortable being outside in all sorts of weather
● Have a smartphone or mobile device with WiFi and/or cellular data capabilities and daily internet access
● Have consistent mid-day Monday through Friday availability (most clients need us between 10am-3pm); Second job or school classes CANNOT conflict with 10am-3pm on weekdays
● Intend to make this job a long-term commitment (not for “getting you by” between other jobs)
● Pass a background check before starting the position