Dog Walker - Chicago
View our video and learn more about dog walking for Windy City Paws!:
Learn more about the benefits of working with a local business like Windy City Paws versus an
on-demand app-based dog walking company:
Windy City Paws was voted Chicago Reader's 2017 Best Dog Walkers! We have been providing
individual dog walks, runs, and petsits in Chicago since 2009.
At Windy City Paws, we welcome artists of all kinds to have a weekday, daytime job that is fun and
consistent--most of our dog walkers are writers, actors, or visual artists who find that our daytime routes
pair well with their creative career! We’re looking to hire responsible, dog-loving walkers and runners to
join our professional team!
A Windy City Paws dog walker must be committed to providing our customers the highest level of care
and, most importantly, have experience with and love being with dogs!
What do Windy City Paws Dog Walkers LOVE about the job?
● NO CAR OR BIKE REQUIRED! All of our routes are designed to be walkable or are located near
● Enjoy the perks of being an EMPLOYEE including opportunities for raises and advancement in
● Spend time outside exercising, playing with dogs, and enjoying Chicago!
● PAID TRAINING when you onboard and continued education on dog behavior and handling
throughout your tenure with us!
● Work directly with the WCP's Management Team. If you have a problem or need to give
feedback, you're dealing with a small team of great people.
● Work with people who are positive, upbeat, and committed to caring for dogs and other pets. And
even better than the people, you'll be working with amazing and lovable dogs!
● Get the weekday, part time job that you’ve been looking for! It’s up to you how many dog walks
you would like to take on--we just need you to have consistent mid-day availability Monday
● Our online scheduling system lets you view your daily schedule and instructions/information for
To Apply, You Must:
● Love dogs
● Be at least 21 years old
● Be willing to commute to Windy City Paws service areas (no car or bike required—all areas are
● Be comfortable being outside in all sorts of weather
● Have a smartphone or mobile device with WiFi and/or cellular data capabilities and daily internet
● Have consistent mid-day Monday through Friday availability (most clients need us between
10am-3pm);Second job or school classes CANNOT conflict with 10am-3pm on weekdays
● Intend to make this job a long-term commitment (not for “getting you by” between other jobs)
● Pass a background check before starting the position