Dog Walker: Back-Up Role
Windy City Paws is Chicago’s top-rated dog walking and petsitting company! In 2017 and 2019, Windy City Paws received the “Best Dog Walkers in Chicago” award from the Chicago Reader. We have been providing individual dog walks, dog runs, cat visits, and petsits in Chicago since 2009. We're currently looking to hire a responsible animal lover to join our professional team!
A Windy City Paws back-up dog walker and cat sitter must be committed to providing our customers the highest level of care and, most importantly, have experience with and love being with dogs and cats! If you enjoy variety and meeting new furry friends every day, then this is the job for you!
This position is geared towards individuals that would like a lighter work schedule, or may not be fully available M-F, 10 AM - 4 PM. As a back-up & support walker, you will be assigned clients as needed based on your availability. This position requires someone who is flexible, reliable, and able to tackle new challenges daily.
Responsibilities of Back-Up & Support Dog Walkers and Cat Sitters:
- Providing consistent care and enriching playtime whether inside with cats or outside on walks with dogs for the full duration of the service time.
- Prepare the dog(s) per household to go outside with the appropriate gear provided by the client.
- Provide food, water, and medication as instructed by the client. NOTE: WCP provides training for any level of medication requested.
- Picking up after pets outside on walks, scooping litter, and cleaning up any accidents in the home.
- Be willing to commute to Windy City Paws service areas. If you have a car for commuting, that would be a plus!
Qualifications and Skills for this position:
- Ability to cover services for both dog and cat clients as needed, in a variety of WCP Service Areas.
- Ideally, available Monday-Friday; 10 am-4 pm
- Must have occasional evening/weekend availability.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Be comfortable being outside in all sorts of weather.
- Have a smartphone or mobile device with WiFi and/or cellular data capabilities and daily internet access.
- Must be able to receive and respond to messages starting at 8 AM, M-F in a timely manner.
- Intend to make this job a long-term commitment (6 or more months).
- Pass a background check before starting the position.
- Provide documentation of Covid-19 Vaccination & Booster
- Starting pay during regular hours M-F 8 am-5 pm: $15.50/hr
- Starting pay during evening & weekend hours (M-F 5-8pm & Sat/Sun 8am-8pm): $22.50/hr
Benefits and Perks of Working with Windy City Paws:
- Enjoy the perks of being an employee!
- Work for a company that cares about your safety!
- Paid training when you onboard and continued education on dog and cat behavior and handling throughout your tenure with us!
- Enjoy benefits like Paid Time Off and 401k paycheck contributions.
- Work directly with the WCP's Management Team. If you have a problem or need to give feedback, you're dealing with a small team of great people.
- Our online scheduling system lets you view your daily schedule and instructions/information for each pet.
Apply at the following link!