Director of Youth Program Development
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center (CIADC) is hiring!
CIADC is a non-profit organization that provides education and working access to the Chicagoland public in 4 hands-on Departments: Metal Casting, Metalworking & Forging, CNC Fabrication, and Woodworking. We offer Adult and Youth programming for all skill-level and interests.
Our Youth Pathways Program is an educational series for grades 6-12 that exposes Youth to hands-on, industrial arts and nurtures interests that can lead to post-secondary pathway opportunities in STEM, Trade, and Art/Design.
CIADC is looking for a Director of Youth Program Development to join our Team and help us take the next steps in growth.
- Foster growth of youth programming including ways that support racial and gender diversity
- Build relationships with stakeholders and community partners, particularly local schools
- Work with Executive Director to develop approaches to program goals, design, funding, and recruitment
- Write grants to support program growth and equitable accessibility
- Monitor program for progress toward goals
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience working with middle and/or high school youth
- Experience working with or in Chicago Public Schools
- Experience working with After School Matters
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills in writing and speaking
- Positive rapport with youth and adults
- Ability to work independently and to problem solve
- Enthusiasm for industrial arts education and the development of a diverse community of youth
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references.
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center is an equal opportunity employer.