Director of Programming
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center (CIADC) is hiring!
CIADC is a non-profit organization that provides education and working access to the Chicagoland public in 4 hands-on Departments: Metal Casting, Metalworking & Forging, CNC Fabrication, and Woodworking. We offer youth and adults, of all skill-level and interests, the benefits of creative industrial arts.
CIADC is looking for a Director of Programming to join our Team and help us take the next steps in growth. This is a part-time, in-person position reporting to the Executive Director, with opportunity for growth.
- Oversee all aspects of adult and youth education and access programming
- Work with the Executive Director on approaches to program goals, design, funding, and recruitment
- Manage personnel, including department and administrative
- Develop programming schedules in advance of each term
- Foster growth of programming including ways that build community and support racial and gender diversity
- Build relationships with stakeholders and community partners, particularly local schools
- Write grants to support program growth and equitable accessibility
- Report on program progress toward goals
The ideal candidate has:
- Enthusiasm for industrial arts education and the development of a diverse community
- Education experience, either as a teacher or administrator
- Experience managing people, projects, and timelines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel as a data collection, analysis, and reporting tool
- Experience working with middle and/or high school youth, ideally through Chicago Public Schools
- Positive rapport with youth and adults
- Ability to work independently and to problem solve
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com.
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center is an equal opportunity employer.