Director of Operations
Yakkety Yak is seeking an operational maven to join its leadership team as Director of Operations. This position is equal parts Strategy, Operations and HR, giving the right candidate the ability to shape the workplace, build a team and improve the effectiveness of an organization committed to making the world a better place.
Does this sound like you?
The Director of Operations position manages local site operations to maximize all resources both human and automated to ensure Yakkety Yak runs smoothly and efficiently. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and executing the human capital strategy to support the overall business plan and direction. These objectives include our commitment to DEI, recruiting, onboarding, developing and retaining our talent.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to lean into a dynamic role, thrive in a passionate organization, and help raise the bar of the agency through thought leadership, process management and creative and technical implementation.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will contribute in the following areas:
- Translate the Company’s strategic vision into defined and actionable operational plans
- Assist in elevating the profile of Yakkety Yak through media inquiries and awards opportunities
- Contribute to building Yakkety Yak library of marketing materials for new business development and investor inquiries
- Work alongside VP of Accounts and Business Development to develop timelines and deliverables for client and project onboarding
- Contribute to strategizing revenue opportunities and aligning internal departments to create new client proposals
- Identify opportunities to streamline business processes and systems based on speed and efficiency
- Be part of the Yakkety Yak leadership team
- Create and maintain workflows for Yakkety Yak business processes
- Partner with each hiring manager to onboard new personnel and ensure a flawless experience - responsible for office set up and IT by way of office manager
- Navigate, communicate and maintain COVID-19 Protocols
- Work with accounting department to facilitate prompt payment and collection on accounts
- Maintain agreements with clients and contractors
- Work with Controller on employee setup and paperwork
- Oversee financial reporting and expenses
- Oversee Office Manager and Controller as direct reports
Oversee Human Resources
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster, aid and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate
- Uphold and evolve Yakkety Yak commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Develop Company succession plan and overall talent management plan
- Oversee HR function that includes policies and procedures for recruiting, onboarding, and engaging talent
- Ensure all policies and procedures are compliant with state and federal regulations
What You Bring
Our expectations for the candidate include:
- Upholding our company’s values of curious, accountable, authentic, committed and kind.
- 10+ Years Business Experience
- Experience managing a team
- Enthusiastic about leadership development (be prepared to talk about your favorite books, podcasts and leadership programs)
- Knows when to coach, when to delegate and when to dig in.
- Comfortable giving feedback and holding teams accountable
- Outstanding communicator
- Commitment to advancing DEI
- Detail-oriented; productive without compromising quality
- Excellent time management, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Project management certification or proven experience
- Experience on project management databases, like Asana
- Deep understanding of content marketing processes and technologies
- Background in human resources and/or business operations
- Experience working in a startup or agency setting