Director of Community Outreach
Job Title: Community Outreach Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full-Time (40 hrs/wk)
CircEsteem values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. CircEsteem is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
CircEsteem’s mission is to unite youth across all backgrounds and identities by fostering self-esteem and mutual respect through the practice and performance of the circus arts. CircEsteem promotes the development of self-esteem, personal success and empowerment by (i) promoting the practice of circus arts; (ii) uniting youth from diverse backgrounds; (iii) providing social and emotional skill building; (iv) providing youth opportunities to participate in leadership training which results in paid opportunities throughout their participation with CircEsteem.
The Community Outreach Director will be a member of CircEsteem’s 4-person Leadership Team (consisting of Programs, Operations, and Executive Director). The Community Outreach Director must be able to work in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment with confidence and efficiency. The ideal candidate will be creative, organized, and able to create and implement strategies based on a framework of goals created with the leadership team.
This position will have a regular work week of Monday through Friday, approximately 9am – 5pm. Occasional weekend and evening special events occur throughout the year, which are also mandatory for all staff to support and attend.
Marketing and Outreach Strategy
- Create a comprehensive annual Marketing and Outreach Strategy, in coordination with the Marketing and Outreach Board Committee and the Executive Director.
- Serve as the staff liaison of the Marketing & Outreach Committee
Outreach and Enrollment
- Accountable for program team meeting enrollment goals across all programs
- In Partnership with the Program Director, oversee the team of Program Coordinators to promote all programs; providing plans, materials, and support to be executed by the Coordinators with constant support from the Community Outreach Director.
- Manage all communication plans and activities including regular community and partner newsletters, online and social media presence (including website), community gatherings, etc.
- Coordinate with the Office Manager on the production of all graphic design needs for regular organizational communications
- Coordinate with the Development Manager for annual fundraising materials and communications
- Manage and optimize Search Engine Optimizations (SEO) to ensure high web presence
Marketing and Media Relations
- Manage Paid Media budget per Marketing and Outreach plan
- Manage the placement and optimization of advertisements
- Promote all special events, including fundraising events and youth performances
- Build and maintain an up-to-date media contact list
- Create and distribute Press Releases for all public events
- Responsible for representation of CircEsteem at relevant trade expos, volunteer fairs and events
- Introduce CircEsteem in neighborhoods where current and/or future programming takes/will take place, ensuring a positive and well-rooted connection in all neighborhoods where CircEsteem operates
- Assist with special events and fundraising events throughout the year
- Attend necessary professional development workshops, events, and training seminars
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role of an organization with more than 5 full time employees (preferably in a communications, marketing or outreach capacity)
- Demonstrated success in communications and marketing in non-profit organizations or other youth centered organizations
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Understanding programs and program delivery
- Keeps up with trends and best practices in the field
- Fluent Spanish preferred
- Salary: $55,000-65,000
- Benefits: Contributions toward a 403b retirement account or Health Insurance Plan
- Paid Time Off: 15 days paid leave, 5 days paid sick leave, 10 Federal Holidays
Please submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to Jose@circesteem.org to be considered for this position.