Digital Marketing Associate- Goodman Theatre
JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Digital Strategy
LOCATION: Goodman Theatre; 170 N. Dearborn Chicago, IL 60601
FLSA Status: Exempt
SALARY: $50,000 - $52,000
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
We at Goodman Theatre are storytellers who believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s) such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—on stage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
The Digital Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Digital Strategy to maintain, strategize and assists in maintenance, strategy, and analysis for the Goodman’s digital presence. Main responsibilities include creating and deploying emails, updating the Goodman’s website and assisting with programming across social media platforms to create compelling content that markets and promotes Goodman’s mission, productions and events.
- Email Marketing
- Write copy, build and deploy emails on behalf of the Goodman using our database-integrated email marketing service WordFly (similar programs include Constant Contact, Emma, MailChimp, Prospect2).
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing and Director of Digital Strategy and coordinate the Goodman’s institutional email calendar.
- Website Editing and Maintenance
- Program daily/weekly website updates to GoodmanTheatre.org, working within the Wordpress and TNEW (Tessitura) CMS platforms (content management system).
- Liaise with key staff across departments to maintain CMS updates on webpages related to their work areas.
- Assist Director of Digital Strategy with staying current on best practices for website iterations.
- Digital Advertising
- Provide support to Director of Digital Strategy with Social Media programming including proofreading and scheduling posts written by Director of Digital Strategy; as well as responding to patron feedback and inquiries across platforms.
- Goodman’s Social Media platforms currently include: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and TikTok.
- In addition, monitor Google reviews, Yelp reviews and other digital media presence.
- Data Analysis
- Assist Director of Marketing and Director of Digital Strategy in generating metrics reports on select digital efforts including email and website performance.
- Department Support as Needed
- Support Marketing Department team members on occasional weekend and evening events and initiatives as needed, which generates content for digital marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with Box Office Department to use Adobe Illustrator (with support from Graphic Design team) to build and test digital e-tickets for performances and programs
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years of professional experience, experience working on a digital team required
- Experience working within a CMS (ex. Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal) to update websites required.
- Familiarity with Tessitura (or other CRM database) is a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills required.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Adwords.
- Self-starter and ability to work in fast moving environment necessary.
- Must be creative, flexible, open-minded, enjoy working as part of a team and experimenting with ideas.
Goodman Theatre offers a rich benefits package which includes health, dental, 401K and much more.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination including booster. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
HOW TO APPLY:
Follow this link: https://www.goodmantheatre.org...