Digital Engagement Associate: Social Media Chicago Symphony Orchestra
The Digital Engagement Associate: Social Media is a member of the digital content team, which focuses its efforts on the creation and dissemination of multimedia content to support revenue generation, brand awareness, audience development and engagement, and institutional messaging for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association. The Digital Engagement Associate: Social Media actively engages the CSOA’s audiences at home and around the world by sharing the many stories of the organization through social media and evolving new media. Primary responsibilities include writing, editing and curating content; coordinating content for both organic and paid campaigns; maintaining the social media calendar; collaborating with colleagues across the organization to develop and post content that serves all communication goals; assisting with digital marketing campaigns; and monitoring and reporting metrics.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Write and edit copy for social media in accordance with AP and CSOA style guides, as well as the brand voice and tone.
2. Coordinate organic and paid content across all CSOA social media channels.
3. Support the maintenance of a season-long social media calendar that includes both paid campaigns and organic content.
4. Contribute to the social media planning process within the larger framework of the CSOA’s content strategy and team.
5. Collaborate with colleagues within the content marketing team and across the organization to generate ideas, repurpose content, create, curate and post a range of native and curated social media content.
6. Assist in the execution of digital marketing campaigns and social media promotions.
7. Serve as departmental representative at CSOA events, including support for in-the-moment social media coverage, as well as sharing user-generated content.
8. Monitor CSOA social media channels and create reports that summarize social media metrics.
9. Provide counsel to CSOA volunteer and affinity groups for social media page management and content development.
10. Present new promotional opportunities related to emerging social media channels, social media trends, social media tastemakers/organizations in order to build awareness of the CSO and its relationships with online audiences.
11. Promote diversity, inclusivity and empowerment with marketing department team members.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Reports to Associate Director of Digital Content & Producer
2. Frequently collaborates with members of the digital content, product marketing, public relations, program book, creative services and Negaunee Music Institute teams, as well as the CSO photographer and the CSOA’s digital marketing agency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media, communications, marketing and/or music or equivalent experience.
2. Excellent communication, writing and editing skills with a fluency in AP style.
3. Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
4. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
5. Working knowledge of social media platforms and trends with minimum of two years of experience creating and posting social media content for a brand.
6. Knowledge of and appreciation for classical, jazz and new music.
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and/or digital video, photo and audio formats and willingness to learn emerging technologies and/or software.
1. Fast-paced, collaborative, pleasant office environment.
2. Some evening and weekend work required.