Digital Engagement Associate: Email Chicago Symphony Orchestra
TITLE: Digital Engagement Associate: Email
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time (non-exempt)
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
The Digital Engagement Associate: Email is a member of the digital content team, which focuses its efforts on the creation and dissemination of multimedia content to support revenue generation, brand awareness, audience development and engagement, and institutional messaging for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association. The Digital Engagement Associate: Email actively engages the CSOA’s audiences at home and around the world with a special attention on email marketing. Responsibilities include the planning and execution of outbound email campaigns, writing and curation of messages, and optimization of list targets. The Digital Engagement Associate also will project manage asset development for all digital campaigns and contribute toward the ongoing development of the CSO’s web presence and interactive strategy.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee outbound email schedule for marketing and other departments to improve organizational email processes, ensure optimal campaigns, maximize effectiveness, track and monitor campaign analytics.
2. Design, build and send promotional, informational and service emails through WordFly email system via manual and triggered campaigns.
3. Work with Director of Content Marketing & Digital Experience to create and execute email strategy in support of single ticket and subscription revenue goals with robust segmentation and personalization.
4. Write and edit copy for promotional emails and select cso.org content in accordance with AP and CSOA style guides, as well as the brand voice and tone.
5. Project manage the creation of digital assets by in-house design team for use by the content team.
6. Assist content team with social media coverage.
7. Hire, train, supervise work interns.
8. Serve as departmental representative at CSOA events.
1. Reports directly to Director of Content Marketing & Digital Experience.
2. Works closely with content marketing, program marketing, patron services, and web teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Ability to oversee and coordinate activities with multiple departments and take on many projects at once.
4. Love of and passion for classical music
5. Experience with HTML/CSS, Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus.
6. Working knowledge of online audio and video formats and emerging web technologies a plus.
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite is a plus.
8. Knowledge of Tessitura or comparable CRM database a plus.
9. Some experience managing and editing Web sites a plus
10. Previous experience with WordFly or comparable email system a plus.
1. Fast-paced, collaborative, pleasant office environment.
2. Some evening and weekend work required.