Development Narrative Grant Writer
About Citadel Theatre Company:
Citadel Theatre Company, located in Lake Forest, Illinois, is a professional theatre company dedicated to providing a creative haven for passionate and visionary directors, writers, actors, and designers. Our productions include a diverse range of dramas, comedies, cutting-edge new works, contemporary, and classical selections.
In addition to our mainstage productions, Citadel is committed to making a positive impact on the community through year-round educational programming and the Citadel Cares Program. Our education initiatives and scholarships empower students, fostering confidence and communication skills while integrating creativity with teamwork. Through Citadel Cares, we provide free tickets to members of the USO and under-resourced families, making live, professional theatre accessible in Lake County.
Citadel Theatre Company is seeking a professional and experienced Development Narrative and Grant Writer. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the arts and a proven track record in writing narrative and grant proposals for similar arts organizations.
- Collaborate with Citadel’s Managing Director and Artistic Director to craft and refresh operational and programmatic narratives, including mission, vision, recent accomplishments, and future plans.
- Work closely with the Managing Director on maintaining renewal and reporting deadlines with current funders, as well as securing new funding opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Board Treasurer to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience in writing narrative and grant proposals for arts organizations.
- Passion for the arts and a commitment to Citadel Theatre Company's mission.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with financial reporting and grant management.