Development & Managing Director
Reports to and is supervised by the Board of Directors of Tellin’ Tales Theatre (501c3). This is a Chicago-based, salaried position with flexible hours. $45,000 - $50,000/year with growth potential.
Help change the face of Chicago theater by joining a 25-year-strong theater company that allows writers, artists and designers with disabilities to produce, write and perform theater on an equal playing field with their non-disabled peers. Are equality, diversity and inclusion important concepts to you? Tellin’ Tales has been on the forefront of inclusion before it was ever fashionable. By joining the TTT team you will impact changes in lives, in the community and work with a dynamic collection of performers, advocates, and newsmakers. This position will be responsible for the development initiatives of the organization along with managing the day to day operations of the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
Development (85% of time)
- Design, lead and implement the organization’s development operations – all fundraising events, grant writing, board recruitment, year-end appeal, volunteer and donor cultivation, and online campaigns.
- Manage the donor database; enter and code gifts; generate reports.
Operational (15% of time)
- Attending regular Board meetings; provide written reports, insight and advice, ensuring, with the Board, that policies, procedures and legal guidelines are followed.
- Building and enhancing the organization’s public profile at events, partner organizations, speaking engagements, etc.
- Handling the administrative work (or recruit volunteers to do so and supervise them).
- Consulting with the Artistic Director on season planning, budgets, and new initiatives.
- Overseeing marketing, website updates, all external communications in consultation with the Artistic Director.
- Proven track record in Development and fundraising is a must along with event management, and marketing.
- Degree in business administration, nonprofit management, arts management, arts education, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Theater background is a plus
- MUST BE BASED IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA.
- Excellent written, communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Must be highly self-motivated, a self-starter and enjoy working independently.
- Experience working with budgets and nonprofit organization financials.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, familiar with donor databases or CRM software, MailChimp or other e-blast systems
- Must have a home office, computer (laptop/MAC/PC) and printer. (TTT has no physical office at this time)
- Vehicle or access to transportation as needed.