The Development Manager (DM) is a “generalist” and responsible for helping to manage the entire development function: individual fundraising, major gifts, institutional fundraising, special events, and maintaining the fundraising database, ensuring accurate donor records. In addition, the DM is responsible for donor communications and targeted social media. The DM, working with the development staff, thinks creatively to develop new and innovative ways to fundraise. The DM is committed to the goals of SkyART and can articulate the vision and mission.
Individual Giving and Communications Support (40% of the position)
- Manage the operational systems required to manage donor cultivation, target prospects, track contributions.
- Process gifts and manage all gift information, track giving activity, ensure all database information is current and correct, and pull giving reports.
- Execute donor and prospect communications and social media plan as planned for the year by the development team. May include e-newsletters, annual report, e-blasts, social media posts, press releases, etc. Write content when directed, edit and proof documents.
- Manage the timeline and coordinating mail appeals and electronic campaigns.
- Work with the development team to integrate consistent messaging and outreach to donor segments via the web, social media and e-newsletters.
Institutional Giving Support (30%)
- Manage the calendar of submissions to ensure timely completion of proposals and reports.
- Write and edit grants, reports and supporting documentation.
- Make content assignments to other staff for proposals and/or reports and monitor progress on open grants as needed.
- Identify, cultivate and steward relationships with appropriate staff at funding institutions.
- Schedule and coordinate funder site visits and facilitate and participate as needed. Ensure staff are adequately prepared.
- Collect, maintain and analyze evaluative and anecdotal data from staff, other professionals and sources, policy makers, etc. to assist with solicitation.
Special Events and Corporate Sponsorships (25%)
- Coordination and planning and day-of logistics for annual fundraising event; coordinate the committee/team executing the event; provide staff support to the Committee; serve as liaison to the special events firm providing logistical support.
- Working with the SkyART Development Committee, research and secure event-specific and organization-general sponsorships
- Develop corporate sponsor prospect list. Assign solicitors and manage/solicit portfolio of prospects
- Organize sponsor benefits and manage and track sponsorship solicitation.
Board Support and Management (5% of the position)
- Coordinates Board meetings, schedules, and events and maintains Board contact lists.
- Prepares and circulates all materials as they relate to the six+ Board meetings per year.