Chicago Jazz Philharmonic (CJP) seeks a Development Manager to provide support and execution of the organization’s fundraising goals. A successful candidate in this position will be adept at communicating CJP’s mission and vision to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders. CJP seeks a focused and energetic professional who has experience in providing administrative and executive support, working independently, and being effective across multiple departments in an organization.
CJP is looking for a teammate to partner with the Executive Director to grow the organization’s individual giving and corporate sponsorship programs and manage its foundation and grant portfolio. This role will implement an annual development strategy that includes an annual gala, individual giving patron advancement plan, corporate and foundation giving, and other patron cultivation events associated with CJPs artistic and educational programs. An ideal candidate is passionate about fundraising, relationship building, and the growth of the organization.
- Envision and implement patron advancement plan for donor cultivation with the Executive Director and Communications Coordinator (cultivate key donors for increased giving)
- Refine, create, and share analysis of patron attributes and behaviors
- Manage EOY and Spring appeal campaignsUpdate and manage patron database (Salesforce) to ensure accurate and current data with Communications Coordinator
- Prepare acknowledgment letters and other correspondence
- Revitalize and oversee ‘Jazzical Society’ monthly donor program
- Track fulfillment of donations, sponsorships, and contributions
- Partner with Executive Director in writing and editing grant proposals and reports
- Create and submit budgets for grants with Executive Director
- Partner with Education Programs Director and Executive Director in education program evaluation methods, tracking, and reporting
- Conduct prospect research for new grant funding opportunities
- Maintain organization grant and reporting calendar
- Revitalize the organization's corporate sponsorship program with the Executive Director
- Conduct prospect research for new corporate sponsorship opportunities
- In partnership with the Executive Director and a Board of Directors sub-committee (Gala Committee), organize and execute the organization’s annual galaRefine, update, or develop event planning implementation procedures
- Coordinate solicitation and procurement of silent auction / raffle items, awards, etc.
- Assist the Committee with day-of execution, including venue set-up and tear-down, deliveries, décor, volunteer management, etc.
- Serve as lead coordinator for additional, more intimate donor cultivation events throughout the year (i.e., Annual Impact Report Breakfast (December), Pre / Post-Concert Receptions, etc.)
Board of Directors
- Assist Executive Director with board giving, creating board giving campaigns, and new donor cultivation
- 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit administration (experience in arts administration preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in grant writing and individual fundraising (expertise in and passion for individual giving/sales a plus)
Please send cover letter and current resume to Rhapsody Snyder, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org