Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
The Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Full utilization of new donor management system, including start-up planning and use of all practical features and functions to achieve development goals.
- Donor development and donor relationship management and communications
- Executing on current operational and strategic planning initiatives as conditions permit
- Grant writing and reporting, coordinating closely with Artistic Director and others
- Advising and consulting board of Directors with respect to metrics, development assistance and similar matters
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create development budget based on fiscal needs not projected to be met by sources of earned income and regularly review progress.
- Lead and collaborate with others as needed to adopt and fully utilizing new cloud-based donor management system. Assist accountant in integrating relevant financial records and processes between donor management system and QuickBooks.
- Lead planning and execution on select strategic and operational activities that will significantly grow the individual donor base. Nurture relationships with current and potential donors, raise Anima’s profile with target community groups and pave the path to securing their financial support.
- Develop additional strategies to meet goals for each category: Board giving, annual campaign, business and corporate sponsorships, targeted major gifts and special events in conjunction with Board Development Committee. Provide regular reports for committee and board meetings.
- Lead efforts to apply for all grants available to Anima, collaborating with Artistic director, accountant or others who can support grant applications needs. Monitor and manage any grant reporting requirements. Maintain lists of potential foundation and government grants along with relevant documents and materials regularly requested in grant applications.
- Collaborate on development of, or edits to content and collateral materials including website or social media materials. Specifically, craft materials for annual campaign, donor outreach and other communications to community at large.
- Regularly research and identify new donor prospects, assign board contacts and maintain database of updated entries. Integrate database information with financial software.
- BA/BS degree in arts management, development or related fields.
- Minimum three years of experience in senior development position; ability to articulate strategy and motivate staff.
- Direct experience in set up and installation of CRM system, and use of system in routine tasks
- Proven track record of generating development funds for a non-profit organization through corporate and individual giving.
- Expertise required in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written communications. Ability to write grant narratives and solicitation letters/materials
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment; and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.