Harris Theater Development Intern
The Development Intern provides essential administrative, logistical and on-site support for the Harris Theater’s fundraising operations and special events during the 2022-23 season. The Development Intern will report to the Development Coordinator, with opportunities to gain valuable experience in development operations and donor stewardship.Primary Responsibilities
- Participate in data integrity projects including biographical and address updates, event participation, merges, and inactivation processes in Tessitura
- Maintain internal electronic and paper files of gift information, donor correspondence, and departmental collateral
- Assist with gift entry and acknowledgement letter creation
- Assist with building segmentations for direct appeals and follow-up communications
Collateral and Direct Mail:
- Support for in-house direct mail campaigns
- Assist with appeal and stewardship mailings including segmentation management, delivery, and reporting
- With the guidance of the Grants and Evaluation Coordinator, assist on general operating grant applications and reporting
- Assist Development team in placing day-of premiums or event information on seats
- Collaborate to prepare VIP guest tickets for distribution
- Provide on-site support for events, including donor check-in and ticket distribution
Other special projects as discussed
Undergraduates or recent graduates with a strong interest in the arts and the desire to pursue arts fundraising as a career are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate for this position is organized and detail-oriented, with excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
September 2022 through December 2022, with the opportunity to extend:
- 15-20 hours per week; Monday – Friday (flexible hours)
- Some nights and weekend required for event support
- $15.40 per hour
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Development Intern” in the subject line.