Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
Development Associate and Board Liaison
The Development Associate and Board Liaison provides operational support to the Development Department by managing the workflow of the Director of Development and coordinating all activities of the Theater’s Board of Directors. This role works with theater leadership across departments and interfaces with the Theater’s key stakeholders and Board of Directors.
Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access
Chicago Shakespeare Theater is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equity, as well as promoting a safe, supportive, and collaborative work environment.
- Serve as the Executive Assistant to the Director of Development, assisting with all operational functions of the Development Department efforts, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate and schedule all elements of on-site and virtual Development-led meetings, including solicitation meetings, prospect meetings, and board-related activities.
- Manage calendar and workflow for the Director of Development
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Board of Directors, with responsibilities including:
Coordinating all Board and committee meetings and preparing all related invitations, notifications, and materials
- Takes and prepares minutes for all board and board committee meetings.
- Serve as proofreader for Development materials and provide institutional writing support, as needed.
- Manage communications to the Board of Directors and board committees.
- Assist Theater leadership with the annual board renewal process.
- Provide all updates related to the Board of Directors for CST’s website and intranet.
- Track board giving and provide regular reports to the Director of Development to assist in the solicitation process.
- Conduct research for prospective board candidates, as needed.
- Serve as ticketing and benefits contact for board members.
- Provide support for Board and Major Gift solicitations, as needed.
- Collaborate on the annual gala with responsibilities to include:
- Manage the deployment of event solicitation letters and invitations.
- Develop, expand, and maintain event prospect and sales list.
- Create and update event plans and attendance tracking in Tessitura.
- Coordinate the drafting of on-line Gala submissions for corporate donors.
- Prepare agenda and materials for internal event meetings.
- Draft donor call sheets and emails for Theater leadership and board solicitors
- Create and execute post event thank you mailing.
- Serve as Development Department Office Manager
- Oversee expense budget for the Development Department, including the approval of invoices and expense reports.
- Serve as a visible and enthusiastic representative of the Theater at various functions and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Models CST’s core values of service, ingenuity, and collaboration as well as its customer service ethos, and trains and holds accountable front facing staff for embodying these practices in all patron interactions.
- Champions the organization’s commitment to a respectful, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
Required Skills and Experience
- College degree preferred, or some college level courses and 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- 2-3 years of experience in arts administration
- Direct experience interfacing with lead donors
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with fundraising database systems; preference given for Tessitura experience.
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while having the ability to shift work seamlessly when priorities change.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Passion for the performing arts, with special consideration given to those with a knowledge of American and/or Chicago theater and the philanthropic community.