Development and Marketing Manager
Intro: Awakenings seeks a full time Development and Marketing Manager to carry out the mission of Awakenings by developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing and fundraising campaigns. Awakenings’ mission is to make visible the artistic expression of survivors of sexual violence. We are a small but robust nonprofit dedicated to helping survivors heal through the arts while maintaining a compassionate, flexible, and inclusive work environment for our small but growing team. Experience in the arts or survivor advocacy is not required, but passion for our mission is necessary for our new team member. We encourage applications from anyone with spectacular written and verbal communication skills, fundraising and marketing experience, and desire to have a significant impact and role in a small organization. While this role includes internal administrative work, the ideal candidate will also feel comfortable and energized acting as an ambassador of Awakenings for networking events, filmed programs or interviews, and donor relations.
Position: Development and Marketing Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full time, salary of $45,000-$47,000/yr, 80% virtual 20% in-person, health insurance and unlimited PTO included. Some evening and weekend availability necessary for events.
- Development: 65%
- Lead grant research, writing, and reporting to grow and diversify Awakenings’ funding landscape with a focus on foundation and corporate funding.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and maintaining excellent relationships with all funders (individual donors, foundation program officers, corporate sponsors, etc)
- Grow and maintain the monthly donor program through outreach and segmented communication
- Plan and attend outreach/fundraising events such as shopping kickback events or donor-hosted parties
- Develop and execute crowdfunding/peer-to-peer campaigns
- Lead, train, or prepare Awakenings team (including boards and committees) to participate in fundraising campaigns
- Marketing: 25%
- Work with Creative Director to maintain a strong, positive brand and publicize programming through all digital platforms
- Assist with writing copy, creating content, and scheduling posts in accordance with content calendar
- Supervise marketing intern(s)
- Sit on External Affairs committee and lead reporting and analysis of KPIs in accordance with marketing and development objectives
- Admin & Miscellaneous: 10%
- Assist staff with programs as necessary (guided exhibit tours, attend events, etc)
- Assist staff with administrative tasks as necessary (intern onboarding, financial reporting, etc)
Essential Skills & Experience
Fundraising: Ideal candidates will have experience researching, writing, securing, and reporting on grants, comfort with databases. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required.
Marketing: Ideal candidates will have experience creating digital content across multiple platforms and channels, and using software/programs such as Hootesuite and Canva. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required.
Supervision: Ideal candidates will be prepared to lead by example, and supervise any interns, volunteers, etc with poise and clarity. Candidates must feel comfortable delegating and adapting to change.
Other: Proficiencies with Wordpress and Google Analytics are encouraged but not required
How to Apply:
In leiu of a cover letter, we are requesting answers to the following questions. Feel free to answer in writing or in video. Send attach your resume and answers to the application questions to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled. Promising applicants will be asked to conduct an interview on Zoom, and finalists will be asked to submit a skills test.
- Tell us why you are attracted to our mission and how you think you could have an impact at Awakenings .
- Tell us about your fundraising strengths and why you enjoy it.
- Tell us about one successful and one unsuccessful grant experience you’ve had. What worked, what didn’t work?
- Tell us about your marketing strengths and why you enjoy it.
- Is there anything else we should know about you?