Dance Teaching Artists for Summer Enrichment Programs
Terra Firm is looking to collaborate with passionate, professional dance teaching artists who want to make a positive impact, and have a shared mission of engaging the community through the arts and wellness.
The ideal candidates have experience in teaching any of the following genres including but not limited to: Ballet, Contemporary/Lyrical, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Latin, African, Line Dance, and Cheer Dance. Opportunities are available to teach programs for early childhood development centers, elementary schools, high schools, and community organizations.
Summer programs are from June 1 - August 31, 2021
- Instruct students in proper, safe and informed dance techniques in an effective and encouraging manner
- Develop lesson plans/ basic curriculum
- Instruct specified age group(early childhood, youth, or adults)
- Balance fun with technical rigor and dedication
- Use age-appropriate music and choreography
- Choreograph and rehearse routines for program performances as needed
- Reliable and consistent presence for students/participants
- Maintain an energetic and motivational teaching presence
- Create a positive and nurturing learning environment
- Enhance professional development by staying abreast of dance trends and training methods
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year studio, dance teaching, or equivalent experience
- Experience teaching beginner/intermediate levels
- Ability to each in-person and/or remote
- Ability to engage, empower, and energize students of all ages and skill levels
- Continually invest in professional development in honing dance pedagogy and instruction skills.
- Create age-appropriate choreographic material
- Adequate knowledge of technique vocabulary, anatomy, and kinesiology
- Background or degree in dance highly encouraged, but not required
CDC guidelines are followed. All students, instructors, staff and etc are required to wear masks. All surfaces are sanitized continuously.
- Remote and/or phone interview process
- Temperature screenings, social distancing standards
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures are implemented on-site locations
Terra Firm offers competitive pay of $30-$45 pr/hr and flexible schedule based on candidate availability
All candidates are required to submit the following:
- Cover Letter describing your interest in the position and brief teaching philosophy.
- Resume with relevant dance/teaching experience
- An online video link to class teaching segments and/or personal choreographic works if available
Please send a resume, cover letter, and online video links: email@example.com