Dance Teacher for Summer Camps / The Stage School
The Stage School is currently seeking Dance Instructor/Choreographers for several of our 2021 Summer Camps. The camps are held in Park Ridge, IL.
June 21-25 – Hip Hop Hamilton
July 5-9 – Once Upon a Time
July 12-16 – Kids on Broadway
July 19-23 – Blast From the Past
An instructor who can do multiple weeks of camp is preferred but not required. We are open to candidates who can only commit to one full camp week.
Camp runs from 9 AM to 3 PM each day. Campers range in age from 6 to 16.
Strict capacity limits will be observed based on local Covid-19 recommendations. Currently camps are limited to 10 students per age group, with a total of 30 campers per session.
Our summer camp team consists of a separate Singing Teacher, Dance Teacher, and Acting Teacher, along with our school Principal.
The Dance Instructor will be responsible for:
- choreographing dance numbers
- teaching choreography to dancers of many experience levels and preparing students to give their best performance
- teaching general dance technique and movement skills through fun and engaging games and activities
- working with the production team to ensure all camp/production needs are addressed
- assisting backstage during performance, and with set up and strike as needed.
Ideal teaching candidates will
- be motivated, energetic, and organized
- have a strong professional background in the performing arts
- have experience teaching children ages 6-16
- have experience in choreographing for and rehearsing musical theater
- have a passion for teaching life skills to young people through the performing arts.
- Face masks will be required for all students and staff when indoors
- Temperature checks at attendance
- Social distancing measures
- Capacity limits with small student groups
- Opportunities to hold portions of class outside as weather permits
- Final performance will be live-streamed (no live audience).
Please note, the camp location is not easily accessible by public transportation. Reliable transportation is required.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your relevant experience along with your resume. For more information, please visit StageSchoolChicago.com