Dance Teacher for Musical Theater Summer Camps
The Stage School is currently seeking Dance Instructor/Choreographers for several of our 2020 Summer Camps in Park Ridge, Illinois.
- James and the Giant Peach – Monday, July 6th to Saturday, July 11th
- That 70's Musical – Monday, Mon July 13th to Saturday, July 18th
- The Little Mermaid – Monday, July 20th to Saturday, July 25th
An instructor who can do multiple weeks of camp is preferred but not required. We are open to candidates who can only commit to one full camp week.
Camp runs from 9 AM to 3 PM each day. Campers range in age from 6 to 16, with approximately 45 – 50 students.
Our Company summer camp team consists of a separate Singing Teacher, Dance Teacher, and Acting Teacher, along with our school Principal.
The Dance Instructor will be responsible for:
- choreographing each musical
- teaching choreography to dancers of many experience levels and preparing students to give their best performance
- working with the production team to ensure all camp/production needs are addressed
- assisting backstage during performances, and with set up and strike as needed.
Ideal teaching candidates will
- be motivated, energetic, and organized
- have a strong professional background in the performing arts
- have experience teaching children ages 6-16
- have experience in choreographing for and rehearsing musical theater
- have a passion for teaching life skills to young people through the performing arts.
Please note, the camp location is not accessible by public transportation. Reliable transportation is required.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your relevant experience along with your resume. For more information, please visit StageSchoolChicago.com