Dance Studio Coordinator
Want a different job than normal? Ballroom, Latin, & Swing dance music as your work soundtrack, while meeting lots of interesting people and working with crazy fun people?
"MayI" staff members are like family. We love our studio, our community, our people. If you're looking for a job just to punch the timeclock and get a paycheck, this isn't for you. We want someone that is looking for their work to be a part of who they are because social dancing and MayI are a culture and lifestyle. We bring joy to so many students, and we want our staff to share that too!
This could easily grow into a full-time position for the person with the right attitude, dedication, ambition, and professionalism. The Full-time position would be salaried and well-compensated.
Interested in learning to dance? That's an included free benefit, although not a requirement. Interested in becoming a dance teacher? We are hiring for that too, and may be open to a hybrid position, although ideally would want someone dedicated to the admin and management side of the business.
The Studio Manager, Studio Owner and Co-owner.
The Studio Coordinator position provides general administrative support to a small office setting while interacting and helping customers. The Studio Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing customer service, answering email & phone calls, registering customers while collecting payment for services, and record keeping. Studio Coordinator will also work on several projects and assist the manager and owner with their administrative duties.
Part-time and full-time positions available. Must be able to work some evening & weekends. We are looking for a permanent addition to our team only.
Full-time Salary between 35k and 45k + bonuses based on experience, schedule, and duties.
Part-time hourly compensation is between 15 and 17, + bonuses.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Answering phones and email professionally and timely with accurate knowledge of all studio services and offerings.
• Responsible for checking in students, taking registrations, operating credit card terminal & handling money.
• Oversees volunteer staff members with daily check ins, registrations, and helping class balances.
• Daily upkeep including light cleaning, organizing all promotional materials, maintaining inventory.
• Assist with any equipment, internet, or telephone technical support.
• Assist with social media and marketing efforts.
• Some event planning and hosting.
• Light filing, data collection, and entry.
• Meet with management staff on regular basis and assist with implementing policies and protocol.
• Assist with marketing strategies and projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• At least 1-year equivalent office experience preferred.
• Must be personable, friendly, and professional with excellent customer service skills.
• Must be articulate, detail-oriented, have proven organizational skills and excellent follow-through.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Google apps, comfortable with social media, web-savvy, and be willing to learn new programs.
• The Studio Coordinator position is responsible for running the studio during some evenings and weekends, so must be comfortable in a leadership and decision-making role.
• Must be able and willing to do some light physical labor including moving studio chairs, tables, carrying supplies up a flight of stairs, cleaning.
• A self-starter who can identify things that need to be done and take charge.