Dance Instructor - Immediate
Viking Gymnastics & Dance is looking for kind and reliable individuals who want to make a positive impact while teaching Tot and Instructional-level dance classes. We are a family-oriented company that is always looking for talented individuals who share our passion for working with children. We believe in teaching skills and life-long lessons.
The ideal candidate has previous experience and a passion for teaching beginner and intermediate levels in Hip Hop, Ballet and Jazz for elementary and middle school aged students. Candidates with additional experience in Contemporary/Lyrical, and/or Tap are encouraged to apply. Ability and willingness to teach a tot and/or kinder aged class is a must, in addition to a variety of grade school ages and ability levels. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant experience.
Current available teaching shifts are Tuesday evenings and Saturdays mornings. This is a part-time position with the potential for growth dependent on breadth of experience and program needs.
Our dance program philosophy is to seamlessly balance the rigors of a technical program, while igniting the passion and unlocking the creative potential within our dancers. Viking’s dance program offers recreational and competitive options, with most of our students embarking on the very beginning of their dance journey. We take pride in maintaining a positive and warm studio culture, and emphasize cultivating a team that is constantly striving to grow in dance pedagogical practices.
- Committed, reliable and consistent presence for students
- Maintain an energetic and motivational teaching presence
- Create a positive and nurturing learning environment
- Stay up-to-date on dance trends and training methods
- Instruct students in proper, safe and informed dance techniques in an effective and encouraging manner
- Balance fun with technical rigor and dedication
- Instruct ages three and up in a variety of styles as needed
- Construct lesson plans based upon program curriculum guidelines
- Conduct student evaluations for level placement/advancement
- Adhere to studio guidelines for age appropriate music, choreography and costumes
- Choreograph and rehearse routines for program performances as needed
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years studio teaching or equivalent experience
- Experience teaching children ages 3+
- Experience teaching combination classes for tot/kindergarten ages
- Reliable & consistent presence
- Strong behavior and time management skills
- Ability to relate to, motivate, and energize students of all ages and skill levels
- Continually invested in improving personal dance pedagogy
- Generates age appropriate choreographic material to clean/appropriate music selections
- Ability to work within the guidelines of a pre-established curriculum
Preferred candidates moved forward in the process will be requested to submit the following:
- Viking Standard Employment Application including current availability. Classes are ongoing, so please provide availability through the entire year.
- Cover Letter describing your interest in the position and brief teaching philosophy.
- An online video link to class teaching segments and/or personal choreographic works (preferred).
Viking offers competitive pay, paid personal time off, and flexible schedules. Full-time staff members are eligible for health benefits.
Viking Gymnastics, LTD is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.