Dance Instructor II - Part Time
Salary Range: $23.00 - $35.00 DOQ
(Also includes some Park District Facility/Program Usage Benefits)
Hours: 1-2 days PER WEEK primarily 4:15pm -9:45pm (4-5 classes each night) August 2023 - June 2024
**Opportunity to direct and choreograph for Mini (ages 6-9 years) and Junior (9-13 years) competition and performance dance companies. Must be available Monday late afternoon-evening and for spring 2024 weekend competitions.
Under the direct supervision of the Dance Supervisor, plan and execute dance technique classes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work with ages 4 years old to adult.
- Ability to instruct a variety of dance styles, jazz, and or hip hop preferred, in accordance with standard curriculum.
- Knowledge of basic dance terminology, dance history, current dance trends, classroom etiquette, physical safety and proper guidance with movement execution.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students and parents.
- Must attend all classes/rehearsals/recitals/staff meetings.
- Must complete student progress reports bi-annually and all recital request forms (i.e. lighting, evaluations, music, costumes, etc).
- Must attend staff educational functions.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
- Be familiar with the safe operation of any equipment necessary in accomplishing required tasks.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to choreograph and teach recital dances.
- Must submit recital costumes, music, props, etc., for approval to the Dance Coordinator.
- Must complete all clerical duties involved with recital processes.
- Must dress in appropriate dance class attire, along with Pavilion Dance Centre shirt for instruction of dance classes.
- Three or more years teaching experience.
- Communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow direction and apply constructive criticism.
- Willingness to learn and be a team player.
- Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in jazz, hip hop perffered
- Ten to fifteen years dance training/experience.
- Dance minor/professional experience.
- Extensive dance training, teaching experience and some professional experience.