Dance Instructor for Summer Camps / The Stage School
The Stage School is currently seeking Dance Instructor/Choreographers for several of our 2023 Summer Camps. The camps are held in Park Ridge, IL.
All camps are held Monday - Saturday, from 9 AM - 3 PM. Performances take place on the Saturday of camp at 2 PM. Instructors will be required to stay till 5 PM on Saturday to assist with student check out and performance strike.
Summer Camps-Park Ridge (ages 6-16)
- Madagascar Jr (June 26-July 1)
- The Lion King Jr (July 10-July 15)
- My Son Pinocchio Jr (July 17-July 22)
An instructor who can do multiple weeks of camp is preferred but not required. We are open to candidates who can only commit to one full camp week.
Camp runs from 9 AM to 3 PM each day. Campers range in age from 6 to 16.
Our summer camp team consists of a separate Singing Teacher, Dance Teacher, and Acting Teacher, along with our school Principal.
The Dance Instructor will be responsible for:
- choreographing dance numbers
- teaching choreography to dancers of many experience levels and preparing students to give their best performance
- teaching general dance technique and movement skills through fun and engaging games and activities
- working with the production team to ensure all camp/production needs are addressed
- assisting backstage during performance, and with set up and strike as needed.
Ideal teaching candidates will
- be motivated, energetic, and organized
- have a strong professional background in the performing arts
- have experience teaching children ages 6-16
- have experience in choreographing for and rehearsing musical theater
- have a passion for teaching life skills to young people through the performing arts.
Please note, the camp location is not easily accessible by public transportation. Reliable transportation is required.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your relevant experience along with your resume. For more information, please visit StageSchoolChicago.com