Viking Gymnastics & Dance is looking for kind and reliable individuals who want to make a positive impact while teaching Tot and Instructional-level dance classes. We are a family-oriented company that is always looking for talented individuals who share our passion for working with children. We believe in teaching skills and life-long lessons.
The ideal candidate has experience teaching Hip-Hop, as well as other genres including Ballet, Contemporary/Lyrical, Jazz, and/or Tap. Ability and willingness to teach a tot and/or kinder aged class is a must, in addition to a variety of grade school ages and ability levels.
Our dance program philosophy is to seamlessly balance the rigors of a technical program, while igniting the passion and unlocking the creative potential within our dancers. Viking’s dance program offers recreational and competitive options, with most of our students embarking on the very beginning of their dance journey. We take pride in maintaining a positive and warm studio culture, and emphasize cultivating a team that is constantly striving to grow in dance pedagogical practices.
- Reliable and consistent presence for students
- Maintain an energetic and motivational teaching presence
- Create a positive and nurturing learning environment
- Stay up-to-date on dance trends and training methods
- Instruct students in proper, safe and informed dance techniques in an effective and encouraging manner
- Balance fun with technical rigor and dedication
- Instruct ages three and up in a variety of styles as needed
- Construct lesson plans based upon basic curriculum guidelines
- Conduct student evaluations for level placement/advancement
- Use age appropriate music and choreography
- Choreograph and rehearse routines for program performances as needed
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years studio teaching or equivalent experience
- Experience teaching children in beginner/intermediate levels
- Ability to relate to, motivate, and energize students of all ages and skill levels
- Continually invested in honing dance pedagogy and classroom management skills
- Generates age appropriate choreographic material
- Adequate knowledge of technique vocabulary, anatomy, and kinesiology
- Ability to work within the guidelines of a pre-established curriculum
- Background or degree in dance highly encouraged, but not required
Preferred candidates moved forward in the process will be requested to submit the following:
- Viking Standard Employment Application including current availability. Classes are ongoing, so please provide availability through the entire year.
- Cover Letter describing your interest in the position and brief teaching philosophy.
- An online video link to class teaching segments and/or personal choreographic works.
Viking offers competitive pay, paid personal time off, and flexible schedules. Full-time staff members are eligible for health benefits.
Viking Gymnastics, LTD is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.