Creativity Camp Coordinator
Hyde Park Art Center
Job Title: Creativity Camp Coordinator
To apply: Send a cover letter and resumé to Allison Cochrane, School & Studios Manager, at email@example.com, with the subject line Camp Coordinator Application 2022.
Deadline: Sunday, April 17
Hyde Park Art Center seeks a Creativity Camp Coordinator to support the robust visual and performance arts programming for youth and leadership development for teens offered through summer-long camp programs. Hyde Park Art Center is a leading visual art institution that uniquely combines the qualities of a community-based organization with those of a nationally recognized exhibitions program and international residency program.
This position is perfect for someone who is looking to expand their professional experience in arts administration or education with a summer position. The Creativity Camp Coordinator works closely with the education staff, teaching artists, teen camp assistants, and campers to provide a safe, nurturing, and high-quality experience for all. Learn more about our camp programs here.
• Manage and coordinate weekly camp program schedules for campers, teaching artists, and studio spaces;
• Manage weekly camp program communications with students and families, and teaching artists;
• Document camp programs, including exhibitions and performances;
• Maintain organization of camp studio spaces, artwork, and materials;
• Support the implementation of COVID-related safety protocols.
• Demonstrated interest in arts education and/or arts administration;
• Demonstrated interest in working with children;
• Ability to work independently and with a team;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Solid written and verbal communication skills;
• COVID-19 vaccination & booster (if/when eligible) required.
• Applications will be accepted through Sunday April 17
• Interviews will take place the week of April 18-22
• Decision will be made by May 1.
• Part-time, temporary, fixed schedule
• Training days in early June; days/times TBD
• June 13 – September 2: Monday – Friday, 7:45am-3:15pm (lunch break 12:30-1:30pm)
• In-person, on-site for full summer schedule as listed above
• Approximately 32 hours per week
• $6000 stipend, to be paid in 4 parts (25% each on June 30, July 29, August 31 and September 15)
Hyde Park Art Center is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workplace. BIPOC/ALAANA folks and people with other marginalized identities are encouraged to apply.