Creativity Arts Program Coordinator
Part-time contractor position starting March 2023.
The Creative Chicago Reuse Exchange (CCRx) seeks a part-time contractor to plan and implement summer arts and wellness programs and events on Chicago’s SW side.
Ideal candidate will be a practicing teaching artist with administrative / project management experience, knowledge of community organizations on Chicago south and west sides, a flexible schedule, internet access, computer, drivers license and a vehicle.
The primary project is “The Creativity Bus,” a collaboration between CCRx and THUG Hippie to provide social and emotional learning (SEL) via movement, music and making activities for young people of all ages and families. SEL involves teaching people to know themselves, manage emotions, feel empathy, establish supportive relationships, and make responsible decisions. Grant funding for 2023 provides for a minimum of 15 events, each 3-hours (“bus stops”) to be coordinated with 6-10 interested organizations, community groups, parks and block clubs on Chicago’s SW side for Summer 2023. Additional programs may be added with additional funding.
The planning phase runs from March to May, 2023, and implementation runs from June through Sep/Oct, 2023. The Coordinator will report to the CCRx Executive Director and act as liaison between CCRx, THUG Hippie and all participating organizations.
- Coordinate in-person and virtually with host organizations, CCRx and THUG Hippie to establish schedule for Summer 2023
- Enlist and train 2-5 creative reuse teaching artists with SEL guidelines
- Create / modify 2-3 making projects using CCRx inventory
- Develop marketing plan for the events (timing, media, graphics) working with CCRx ED
- The planning phase will take approximately 6 hours / week for 12 weeks (72 hours total).
- Schedule artists, prep materials for each event
- Coordinate marketing and event logistics
- Document events work with CCRx to promote via social media
- Track measurements per event and create followup report
- Implementation is estimated at 3 hours / event.
- Be organized, reliable, self-directed, with good time-management skills
- Be comfortable and proactive in written and verbal communication with multiple types of people online and in person.
- Be a problem-solver, action-taker, paying attention to details and the big picture
- Be curious, kind and have a sense of humor.
- Have a passion for CCRx’s creative reuse mission
- Be a Team player with strong work ethic, integrity, superior leadership skills and judgment.
- Reliable transportation to and from the warehouse and events
- Physical mobility, including lifting, lowering program supplies, setting up tents.
- Computer skills: Word processing and spreadsheets in Google Suites.
- A smartphone and computer with internet access.
- Undergo a background check in accordance with state guidelines.
Preference will be given to individuals who:
- Have 2-3 years of experience as a teaching artist/maker.
- Familiarity with neighborhood assets on Chicago’s South and West sides
- Demonstrate understanding of SEL guidelines
- Demonstrate active social media engagement around related topics.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
This position starts at 6 hours/week for planning phase and approximately 3-6 hours/week for implementation. Additional hours, evenings, and special events may come up. Pay starts at $18/hour + generous material allowance. No other benefits currently available. Contractor must provide their own insurance.
CCRx is an equal opportunity employer. CCRx is committed to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team.
To Apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience to Barbara Koenen, Executive Director, email@example.com. We will follow up to schedule an interview.