We are looking for an experienced creative professional to lead, inspire and support the work of the Creative Team in the production of all customer-facing marketing, merchandising, catalog, and store collateral. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
- Head eight-person design team (five-direct reports) and oversee concept and development of high-level creative decisions and aesthetics for digital campaigns, and print campaigns.
- Uphold and develop brand standards for three proprietary brands by managing print, packaging, and digital media style guides.
- Mentor the Senior Design team to develop and maintain cohesive aesthetic standards for all marketing materials, including e-mails, web landing pages, in-store marketing, pricing signage, flyers, ads, mailed pieces, and internal communications.
- Source additional freelance resources when needed, maintain and develop processes as work evolves, schedule new projects efficiently and based on team strengths, and refine existing strategies as required.
- Art direct merchandise packaging development and branding assignments from end-to-end. (i.e., concept, design, production, and print quality management)
- Work closely with the Marketing Director, Merchandising and Copywriting team to develop proposals and presentations to the broader teams and Executives for new concepts in packaging and branding.
Proficiencies and Skills:
- Strong management skills and must have the ability to inspire others and present concepts clearly and confidently. Creative thinker, both in visuals and managing fluidly.
- Modern design skills with strong attention to detail. Familiar with rules and techniques, emphasizing layout, typography, and photography for digital and print with the confidence to break the design rules to produce compelling creativity, push the boundaries.
- Exceptional knowledge of all design processes: Print process: substrates, color profiles. Web process: UI/UX best practices, WCAG, HTML and CSS, and animation.
- Effective communicator both verbally and written, providing direction and accepting feedback with a willingness to collaborate. Assertive while maintaining collaborative communications when seeking answers across workgroups.
- Strong ability to prioritize and reprioritize multiple projects, schedules, and deadlines as needed. Must have experience using scheduling and project management software. Mac OS Platform, expert knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, and understanding of XD.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Art-related field required.
- 9+ years of design experience, with at least 3+ years of project managing and supervising.
- Must have experience in direct to consumer advertising in retail, e-commerce, and print.
- Knowledge of traditional/non-traditional art materials — their forms and uses a plus.