Creative Director for Theatre for Young Audiences Program
Improv Playhouse, a leading theatre organization and training center is currently seeking a dynamic and self-starting Creative Director to lead its Theatre for Young Audiences Program (TYA). The organization is committed to producing a variety of unique, interactive programs in both virtual and live platforms, bringing devised, classics, folk tales, and contemporary interactive fables to life.
The TYA Creative Director will play a pivotal role as an enthusiastic spokesperson for Improv Playhouse's mission and vision. This part-time position, offering a competitive rate of $17.50-$23.50/hour (commensurate upon experience), requires a candidate with a passion for the arts and a commitment to reaching diverse communities.
- Sales and Scheduling:
- Execute sales and schedule virtual/traveling shows.
- Maintain relationships with institutions and follow up on contracts.
- Facilitate TYA auditions for virtual and traveling productions and programs.
- Assist with administrative and organizational duties.
- Guide the development of Core Curriculum and Study Guides for programs.
- Identify and utilize resources for set, costumes, and props for virtual programming and travel shows.
- Expand and deepen existing regional partnerships.
- Implement creative approaches to expand outreach to underserved communities.
- Excellent project management, prioritization, and time-management skills.
- Professionalism, confidence, and effective networking abilities.
- Knowledge and passion for the arts.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Simple graphics design capability with Canva or similar software.
- Positive and collaborative personality.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume, headshot, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improv Playhouse is renowned for incorporating STEAM initiatives into its materials and programs, providing activities and ideation for teachers to utilize before and after performances. The Creative Director will report to and collaborate closely with administrative staff and the Executive Director to further enhance the impact of the TYA program.
Improv Playhouse's TYA program travels to Chicago and suburban libraries, daycares, schools, and community centers, making it a unique opportunity to contribute to the cultural enrichment of diverse communities.
About Improv Playhouse
Improv Playhouse is a north suburban and city-based theatre organization dedicated to providing unique and interactive theatrical experiences. With a commitment to arts education and community engagement, Improv Playhouse continues to be a leader in the entertainment industry.